upload image

New Burlington, Ohio

Privacy Level: Open (White)
Date: [unknown] [unknown]
Location: [unknown]
This page has been accessed 102 times.
Where New Burlington Was
The Last Resident of New Burlington

New Burlington is a former town located in Chester Township in the northwestern corner of Clinton County, Ohio off state route 380. It was acquired by the United States federal government when Caesar's Creek was dammed and a reservoir created in the 1970s.

New Burlington was laid out in 1833, and named after Burlington, North Carolina, the native home of a share of the first settlers. A post office called New Burlington was established in 1837, and remained in operation until 1971. New Burlington was a "station" on the Underground Railroad.

Sources

See also:



This is an "orphaned" profile — there's no Profile Manager to watch over it. Please adopt this profile.


Collaboration
  • Login to edit this profile and add images.
  • Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
Comments

Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.