Welcome to the New Irish Roots Structure
- This is a working page so please feel free to add your ideas or comments
- Wikitree is slowly moving to a team approach to Projects (A team Leader with no more than 7 lower level teams) Susie MacLeod is leading this effort in Space:Project_Coach_Status
- Project:England is a good example that has these teams in place
Our goal here is to create a structure of Teams of people with like interests; to collaborate and Improve profiles within those interests. Our final goal is to make all Irish Profiles the best they can be. Well sourced and well written.
How do we proceed?
- Planning Team Working Page (Will end after setup)
- Irish Roots Sub-Project leaders Please review, make comments and select a team/s you would like to help out.
- Proposed Teams and requirements for membership (Finalize Team Names and Leaders, if possible)
- Team Pages and documentation pages for the new Project (Each Team will be responsible for their own pages)
- Who needs to be part of this review process
- Where discussions on this will be held
- Communications platform for all members - GoogleGroups to be used for all group-wide discussions.
- Communications platform for Team Members and Leaders - Discord (a great option for planning discussions, quick questions, etc)
- Category Team Priority #1 - Category Structure and Naming format review (Priority #1, as everything hinges on having an accurate structure and documented category naming standard)
- Membership Team Priority #2, (as members who are transitioning to the new format will need to be assigned to new teams)
- County Team - Need to build Team page and Province Pages Compleated and Connected to old County sub-project pages
Each top tear Team now has its own working page. Remember this is very flexible and could change as needed. Any Team could move up or down or to a sub-Team to another Team. New Teams can be created.
Note; The following text will be moved to the Current Irish Roots Project page.
- Categories Team - If you like to orginize, categorize, build a plan and see it through; This Team is for you.
- Counties Team Those interested in one area of Ireland, Province, County, Town. Includes One Place Study
- Managed Profiles Team This team works on profiles managed and protected by Irish Roots. PPP
- Membership Team - This is our Administrative Team. They track new Members, Enquiries,
- Profile Improvements Team - Made up of sourcerers, arborists, connectors, biography writers, data doctors, and others,
- Orphans Team This is where everyone starts
- Topics Team - Irish - Notables, Writers/poets, politicians, military, history etc
- Diaspora Team - the term Irish_Diaspora refers to groups of Irish no longer living in Ireland or not born in Ireland. United States, Australia, England, France etc.
- Build Home page (This page) and update as needed. Ongoing
- Invite Transition Team Members. Ongoing
- Decide on and build first tear Team pages Completed
- After the basics are set up Rich will contact the IR Project and County Leaders and invite them into the review and adjust process SentMar 18, 2018
- Set Priority list for Teams to be built Completed
- Categories Team
- Categories Team - team page is complete. Roles for sub-Team Leaders are complete.
- Categories Planning Team - team page is complete. Agenda for first meeting is complete
- Membership Team
- Amy is putting together a list of IR badge holders Completed
- Organize a Mentors Team
- County Team -
- Build Team page and Province Pages Completed
- Connect to old County sub-project pages Completed
- All others as membership builds
- Invite other Projects to review our progress and join in Started
- Redo Current Irish Roots Project page to the new structure. (After the Teams are set) Devlin-670
- Go live with the Team Pages
- Invite all Irish Roots Badge members to join a Team/s
- G2G message general invite to teams
- G2G invite for Categories Planing team Completed
- energize googlegroup
- for those that have not responded - post to profile
- Continue to refine and build sub-Teams as needed
- Build Mentors Team
- Transition to Orphans Team
Sites used for coordination
- Where should this be coordinated from ?
- Google groups (working, but no one is using it)
- Discord is set up - (working) If you would like to join, send Rich Devlin a PM or post a request on this page
- this page
- Add your name and what you might be interested in
- Rich Devlin - Finding Irish Roots leaders that might want to join us - Start Team Free Pages.
- Amy Gilpin - Categorization and Counties (or Ulster, if we go with Provincial Level). Having a solid category structure and someone to maintain it is important. I'm happy to help with the membership team, too.
- Valerie Kerr - Adding sources to primarily County Antrim and County Down profiles, happy to work on any Irish records.
- Maria Maxwell - Helping out and supporting where I can/you want me to slot in !! Learning what this is all about !! Fermanagh is my main interest. I think the Membership Team might be a good place for me !! Plus part of Counties Team of course.
- Valerie Willis - Categorization and History (I think Ireland needs two strong, parallel category trees - Provinces/Counties etc. and an Historic Timeline including kingdoms, wars & invasions etc.
- Susie MacLeod - I'm interesting in being on the Profile Improvements Team, focussing on sourcing and bio writing
- David Loring - Connacht, since I live there, with particular emphasis on categorisation as I am a member of that project and as a member of Global Cemeteries an emphasis on collating all deceased persons in the province.
- Peter Mulligan - I'm interested in the Counties of Mayo and Tipperary as that's where most of my Irish ancestors originated from. I'm also interested in Categorization, I'm already helping with the England Categorization project.
- Barry Smith -- Tyrone. Also the Diaspora Team and maybe the Profile Improvements Team.
- Steph Meredith County waterford in particular Ballinacourty, Dungarvan.
- Jason Cottrell Currently looking after County Donegal (generally tidying up during Source-A-Thons, helping people who express an interest or need) and have completed an exhaustingly large OPS on a local parish. I would be happy to continue on those fronts as well as adding in some wider work from an overall Irish perspective - sourcing would likely interest me more than categorisation as I think the former adds more value
- Linda Hawkes I'd like to join the Diaspora Team as I have many relatives who journeyed from Ireland to NZ, Canada and USA. I'd like to see England/Scotland/Wales (perhaps as a bloc such as Mainland Britain) added to that project as there have been many Irish emigrants to these countries. I'm also interested in the Profile Improvements team. At county level I'm interested in Antrim, Down and Monaghan, but really all of Ulster (in the nine county sense).
Whats your thoughts or ideas
- Devlin-670 I like the structure of England, we have the counties in place. We could add Province above that to get in close to the 1 to 7 ratio. I have a lot of other ideas but I would like to hear from you first.
- Amy - I also like the structure of the England Project. I agree it may be best to start at the Provincial level with Team Leaders, plus a Categorization team, and a Membership Coordinator?
- Valerie Willis - I would like to tidy the Kingdom categories, would also like a discussion about how much information to add to a category page.
- Categories should contain no LESS than 50 characters (about a sentence worth) and no more than 22,000 characters (a description of the location/topic). The categorization project is recommending no more than a couple of paragraphs, with a free-space page for detailed descriptions or histories. Amy Gilpin
- Peter Mulligan - Not to copy, but I also like the England Project structure. The England project has an Orphans trial, where people are shown gradually how to correctly source and structure profiles in different time periods, this helped me a lot when first started.