New Zealand location categories are based on birthplace in New Zealand, or on places of residence. The stickers and place name categories for use in New Zealand profiles have been created according to the 16 regions of New Zealand established in 1989.
However - New Zealand geographic locations were heavily revised by Act of Parliament in 1989. The New Zealand Project actively encourages the inclusion of historically correct place names in the "data" section at the top of each profile; this may require extra research.
To help with the historic location of a place name, a number of pages have been created; and are linked below.
- Auckland Historic Places and Boundaries
- Hawke's Bay Historic Districts and Towns
- The King Country of New Zealand
- Historic Boundaries and Places in Manawatū-Whanganui
- Nelson District; Historic Counties and Towns
- Historic Settlements in Northland
- Historic Places of Otago
- Historic Places of Southland
- Historic Tāmaki-Makau-Rau
- Historic Boundaries, Districts and Settlements of Taranaki
- Counties and Townships of Tasman District
- Historic Boundaries, Districts and Settlements of Wellington
- Historic Places of the West Coast
- and -
- New Zealand Special Settlements
- Sealers' camps and shore-based Whaling Stations in New Zealand
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)