Surname/tag: New Zealand
This page is for members of the New Zealand Project to keep track of their research interests.
Members, beside your name below, please keep track of what you're currently working on for this project. This is both for your own reference, and to aid collaboration among the project participants.
- Richard Shelley
- Born in Palmerston North, raised in Upper Hutt, living in Lower Hutt. Descendant of the Valpy pioneers of Otago and the Benges of Upper Hutt
- Heading up the New Zealand Politicians sub-project and the Crimean War subproject
- General categorization and connection of New Zealand military figures, politicians, etc
- Sheryl Moore
- working on New Zealand Mining and New Zealand Mining Disasters - this is part of Worldwide Mining Disasters project for which I am Project Coordinator. I am excited that the New Zealand part of my project has been made a sub-project of the New Zealand Project and I am creating a resource and tribute to New Zealand miners, mining rescuers, their families and others who supported or investigated the mining disasters that have affected New Zealand history, highlighting the top 7 mining tragedies and listing an additional 1000+ miners who were killed or injured in mine accidents.
- This effort is done with a focus on genealogy and providing names, resources and suggestions for researching those involved. If your family were miners, I hope this information helps you. The mining disasters project is worldwide, so other areas under development include UK and so far I have in my research lists of Scottish miners that emigrated to New Zealand to work in the mines which I will include when available.
- Suzanne Doig
- 1893 Suffrage Petition Project
- Valerie Willis
- Fiona Gilliver
- My Lovell, Woolcock, Lacey, Edwards, O'Riley and McMinn families now have bios and sources. Adding sources when mentioned to New Zealand Project page. Helping find NZ sources in response to G2G questions. Research, creation, connection and sourcing of unsourced New Zealand profiles, or profiles generated as part of NZ Disasters etc. which invariably sends me down rabbit holes (usually to the UK.). A member of the Kiwi Crew. Adding ship and cemetery categories where appropriate. General maintenance of N.Z. profiles though I tend to focus on the Top of the South area. (Sep 2019)
- Shaye Absolum -
- Margaret Allison -
- Kathryn Bates -
- Fiona Bell -
- Noeline Best -
- Lawrence Bingham -
- Helena Blomfield -
- Rose Boddy -
- Terry Bowden -
- Campbell Braddock
- 8th Gen Kiwi - family been in New Zealand since the first missionaries,
- Working on New Zealand and Oamaru profiles by adding sources and categories, As part of the Braddock Name Study I am connecting all five NZ Braddock families to the world tree.
- Anonymous Brickland -
- Researching the following family names - Andrews (Thames, Auckland), Barnett (Christchurch), Brickland, Coradine, Cross (Nelson), Duckworth (Christchurch), Judd (Auckland), Palmer (Nelson), Purnell, Small (Nelson), Taylor (Nelson), Whittaker (Timaru) and associated families
- Michael Butler -
- 15 of 16 great-great grandparents came to New Zealand - their family names were Butler, Henson, Alford, Gobbe, Harrington, Dunn, Webster, Irvine, Oates, Black, McCruedy, Tremain, Meneer, Makepeace, Edmonds The Edmonds came in 1834 and the Butlers were last arriving in 1881. Sarah Kelson died 2 years before her husband and children came to New Zealand.
- Peter Coxhead -
- Norma Crozier -
- Nic Donnelly -
- Kerry Dressler -
- Sue Erkkila -
- Sonia George -
- Carol Gilbert -
- Catherine Gill -
- Jo Hall -
- Andrew Hammond' -
- Jason Hatcher-
- Maria Hayes -
- Pare Hayward -
- Lorna Henderson
- Maternal 2*great grandparents on "Timandra" into Taranaki
- Tracy Hope -
- My maternal ancestors are 50% Scottish, having emigrated in the mid- to late-19th century to Southland, and about 50% Cornish. Names of interest are Frisken, Ferguson, Quick and Hollow. I'm also interested in learning about the Hope family from Nelson/Marlborough, descended from Jane Hamilton Hope of Killybegs, County Donegal, emigrated to Nelson in 1851.
- Sarah Jenkins
- 6th Gen Kiwi - I have just discovered my Paternal Line thanks to DNA with the help of a cousin who is a genealogist with a massive tree of over 16.000, he has granted me full access and I have a long way to go before they are all added to Wikitree - I bounce around from profile to profile right now adding new ones and adding sources and info as I go - I have a system and I doing it that way more for S.E.O. reasons than anything else - it means I hopefully am reviewing all the profiles for which I am manager on a regular basis and making changes as I have learned more how wikitree works and about how to do sources since I first started. Surnames of Lines, Campbell, Fowler, White, Edwards, Payton, Neilson + my partner's Jenkins, Baylis, Oliver, Watson - the Watson line can't really grow until he takes a DNA test as his father's Dad we only have a name, not much else to go on and I can't find how he got to New Zealand? So no idea where he originated? I am noting under "Research" in my profiles, if/when I hit a brick wall and any collaborative help is much appreciated.
- Stephen King -
- Robynne Lozier
- Born and raised in New Zealand. Now living in Canada. Captain of the Kiwi Crew Team for Sprints, Source-a-thons and other challenges. Names from my NZ ancestry include Burrow, Fairbairn, Thompson, and Stephens. These all originate in England and Scotland.
- Shoshanah Luckie
- Maxx Martin -
- Cloudia Matthews -
- Cassandra Miles -
- Anne Murray -
- Charlene Newport -
- Liz Newport -
- Graeme Olney (Updated: Olney-518 19:24, 1 May 2019 (UTC) )
- 5th Gen Kiwi - working on geocoding Profiles of my own NZ family but in particular, the Corneys and related families in and around Taranaki and beyond.
- Also current spending time after every 'Tuesday' working with Project:Database_Errors, to find errors related to New Zealand Profiles and helping 'Profile Managers' with adjustments.
- and when I've got some free time: adding Immigrant Ships to New Zealand and categorising profiles of their passengers
- And then adding and/or aligning Places in New Zealand and associated Cemeteries in New Zealand
- and if I still have any time left: adding to the New Zealand, Disasters and categorising profiles associated with them
- Murray Painter
- My grandparents (Painter) arrived Napier, New Zealand in 1876 originally from Gloucestershire. I have been working on family trees for nearly 10 years and reside in Hawke's Bay (Havelock North)
- Dean Pascoe -
- Melanie Paul -
- My first cousin three times removed (maternal side) and his family give me blood ties, plus I frequently find myself "in" Enzed for other families. I have a strong interest in ANZACs from both sides of the Tasman. (I also have a collateral cousin whose husband was in NZ during the early years of European "involvement") I believe I have a paternal cousin who was born there (his parents, mother in particular, were there performing on a regular basis).
- R P -
- Emma Pooley -
- Phil Richardson -
- Tony Robinson -
- Gillian Rodgers -
- Originally from New Zealand I now live in Sussex, UK. I'm researching New Zealand and English ancestors. I have also joined the England Project.
- B Rundle -
- Nicola Sherrock-
- John Soppet -
- Jackie Stoddard
- Lianne Trevarthen (Team Leader)
- Born in Auckland, my father was Australian and my mother is also an Australian citizen (but born in NZ). Plenty of New Zealand connections. On my mother's side primarily in the Auckland region and Matamata-Piako area. As part of her family tree side, I am on the Mellsop Reunion committee, which has had regular reunions since the 1950s and our own website. Most of our family history on that side is from Ireland and England. On my father's side, things are more difficult to trace for me. They settled in Southland and Otago, but my father's paternal side goes back to Prussia ( an area now known as Lithuania) and it has not been possible to trace anything back there as yet. My husband's family settled in New Zealand in 1840 from Cornwall. As part of tracing all these family trees I have taken thousands of headstone photos, and contribute to Find-a-Grave, not only with my own family but others. I have started on several cemetery projects which I am now in the process of adding to WikiTree. I am hoping to contribute to WikiTree the combined Mellsop family tree (currently about 7000 in the tree - all spread out over New Zealand and the world) as well as my more personal family tree connections.
- Suszie Tyree -
- Amy Utting
- I am a sixth generation Kiwi, descended from English and Irish immigrants. Interested in the general scope of my family tree!
- Raewyn Vincent - I am the 5th and last generation of my Vincent line in Christchurch, New Zealand. (To my knowledge there is at least one other Vincent line who settled in Christchurch, primarily, but there may be one other.) My Vincent ancestors hailed from Middlesex, England. I am also a descendant of Hughes (two branches) and Sinclair from Dunedin, originating from Wales and Scotland, respectively. Other names of interest are Thomson (England), Muddle (Kent) and Serjantson (with variants, of Lincolnshire).
- Gilly Wood
- Project Members: Page in need of update! Sep 2, 2019.