Location: Rangiriri, Waikato, New Zealand
Surnames/tags: New_Zealand Land_wars Rangiriri
During the New Zealand Wars, the confrontation and subsequent battle between the Colonial forces and Maori opposition at Rangiriri was one of the worst encounters.
Most of the newspapers at the time spelled 'Rangiriri' as 'Rangariri'.
Daily Southern Cross
New Zealand Herald
- Battle of Rangiriri.
- New Zealand Artillery.
- New Zealand Wars.
- Official Return of Killed and Wounded.
- Rangariri Battle.
- War Memorial.
- Thank you for showing an interest in this page of 19th Century New Zealand history.
- You are most welcome to add related, informative references.
- Kevin J. Sands
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)