Nils and Eskill, the Early Nikalis
The Nikali farm appears in the land records from 1540 to 1552 and again from 1556 onwards. The first known owners were Nils Nikali until 1552 and Eskill Nilsson Nikali until 1570.
Josef and descendants
The next known owner was Josef and his wife Margareta Simonsdotter. Their son Cnud (Knuut Joosepinpoika) took over the farm in 1635. He had three wives, the last two being Caisa Johansdotter and Walborg. His sons Anders Nikali and Jacob Nikali and their wives Walborg and Elin took care of the farm from 1649 to 1664.
From 1644 to 1828 the farm served as an academy farm, providing funding for the theological faculty of the Royal Academy of Finland in taxes.
In 1667 the master of the farm was Henric Classon Tarkka.
Jöran Christersson's descendants
For over a hundred years the farm was held by the same family.
- From 1674 to 1680 by a Jöran Christersson and his wife Caisa.
- Between 1681 and 1704 by their daughter Walborg Nikali with husband Eric Andersson and brother Olof Nikali.
- From 1709 to 1728 by Walborg and Eric's son Jacob Nikali with his wives Anna Perttula and Maria Johansdotter.
- Between 1729 and 1755 by their son Johan Nikali and wife Lisa Johansdotter.
- Between 1756 and 1773 by son Johan Johansson Nikali, wives Walborg Mattsdotter and Lisa Iso-Nyppeli and her second husband Thomas Luola.
Eventually the farm was split into two equal halves, called Kylä-Nikali and Mäki-Nikali.
Johan and Walborg's son Johan managed the Kylä-Nikali half 1791 to 1825 with his wife Anna Sassi. Their son Johan Kylä-Nikali had two wives, Lena Andersdotter and Eva Iso-Hisso. Their son, also known as Johan Kylä-Nikali took over the farm until his death in 1855. His wife Maria Lisa Riuku married a Thomas Wilhelm Andersson two years later.
Kylä-Nikali farm had two crofts: The Ollila croft was founded in 1851 and became an independent farm in 1906. The Peltonen croft existed between 1889 and 1913.
The Mäki-Nikali half was mastered by
- Maria Nikali and Jakobus Kamppi
- Anders Nikali and Maria Riuku
- Johannes Nikali and Lena Iso-Rainio
- Johannes Mäki-Nikali and Eva Maria Vähä-Ropo
After seven years of poor harvest, the Mäki-Nikali farm was auctioned in an enforced sale in 1870.
Mäki-Nikali farm had a croft called Hautaa, established in 1834, which became an independent farm in 1919.
The Nohkua Nikalis
The new owners of Nikali came from the village of Nohkua and took the name of the farm. In the early decades of the 20th century the owner was Vihtori Nikali.
- Iso-Iivari, Lasse: Karkun talonhaltijaluettelo. 
- Kutala - kylä vuolteiden varrella. Kutalan nuorisoseura 2016.
- Piilonen, Juhani: Sastamalan historia 2. 2007.
- Suvanto, Seppo: Satakunnan henkilötiedosto 1303-1571. 
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)