Below: #Galtneys and Buckholts | #Dixon-Norwood Connections | #Footnotes
These aren't necessarily "Needs Followup" profiles, but I am not remaining as manager for most of them & I'd like a way to watch over them. So...
Here are the profiles I created during the 2022 Connect-a-Thon/s (maybe some others besides).
Winter 2022 Thon
Held 14-17 January 2022
- Official count: 43. Following from my contributions list:
- James Robinson Downs (1832-) 14 Jan 2022
- Letitia Booker (Vick) Cowan (1840-1880) 14 Jan 2022
- Letitia (Booker) Vick (1819-1840) 14 Jan 2022
- Alfred Claiborne Downs II (1860-) 14 Jan 2022
- Thomas Noland Batchelor (1838-1868) 15 Jan 2022
- Victoria Batchelor (1846-1904) 15 Jan 2022
- Eugenia Batchelor (1849-) 15 Jan 2022
- Ellen Batchelor (1847-) 15 Jan 2022
- Emily (Dent) Noland (1822-) 15 Jan 2022
- Mary Ellen Noland (1842-) 15 Jan 2022
- Julia Noland (1844-) 15 Jan 2022
- Emma Noland (1847-) 15 Jan 2022
- Lizzie Noland (1854-) 15 Jan 2022
- Hartwell O Vick (1833-1881) 15 Jan 2022 - son of Harriet Brabston
- Henry Street (1801-1879) 16 Jan 2022
- Thomas Parke Street (1840-) 16 Jan 2022
- Charles N. B. Street (1844-) 16 Jan 2022
- James R Galtney (abt.1818-) 16 Jan 2022 M
- Rebecca E (Buckholts) Galtney (1830-1881) 16 Jan 2022 M
- Amanda (Buckholts) Norwood (1832-1861) 16 Jan 2022 M
- Harriet (Buckholts) Hitchcock (aft.1826-aft.1850) 16 Jan 2022
- Francis Hitchcock (abt.1820-1865) 16 Jan 2022
- William Walter Jackson (1846-1923) 16 Jan 2022
- Georgianna Phillips (1845-1884) 16 Jan 2022
- Alta C (Robertson) Aldridge (1849-) 17 Jan 2022
- Alfred Downs Aldridge Jr. (1877-) 17 Jan 2022
- William Owsley Aldridge (1870-) 17 Jan 2022
- Hall Aldridge (1867-) 17 Jan 2022
- Annie Aldridge (1861-) 17 Jan 2022 M
- Henry Augustus Downs (1830-) 17 Jan 2022
- James Downs (1862-) 17 Jan 2022
- Thomas Eugene Vick (1831-1866) 17 Jan 2022 - son of Harriet Brabston
- Martha Elizabeth (Vick) Perry (1848-) 17 Jan 2022 - daughter of Catherine Barbour
- Catherine B Vick (1846-) 17 Jan 2022 - daughter of Catherine Barbour
- Wesley Vick Perry (1873-1955) 17 Jan 2022
- Roderick Perry (1824-) 17 Jan 2022
- Newett Vick (1858-) 17 Jan 2022 - son of Catherine Barbour
- Mary Vick (1853-) 17 Jan 2022 - daughter of Catherine Barbour
- Aletha Goolsby (1820-bef.1858) 17 Jan 2022
- Randall Goolsby (abt.1795-1823) 17 Jan 2022
- Elizabeth Hudson (1800-1896) 17 Jan 2022
- Warren T. Dixon (aft.1854-bef.1869) 17 Jan 2022
- William K. Dixon (aft.1855-aft.1869) 17 Jan 2022
- Margaret Atkinson (1835-) 17 Jan 2022 (after 8 am end-of-thon)
Galtneys and Buckholts
In adding collateral families to my tree during the Winter 2022 Connect-a-Thon, I discovered some connections - for instance, James R. Galtney, husband of Rebecca Buckholts, was son of Nancy Killian, mother of Pierce Noland's wife Elizabeth Galtney. Nancy married (2) Abraham Buckholts and is buried in the Street Cemetery in Amite County. (Rebecca's parents were Victoria C. Batchelor and Abel H. Buckholts, brother of "Abram" Buckholts (who married the widow, Nancy Galtney; Henry Street was Rebecca's step-father.)
In 1850, "Amanda was newly married into the Norwood family of East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana and had moved to be with her husband across the state line." - Amanda, sister of Rebecca (Buckholts) Galtney, was born in Amite County. (Benjamin's 1st wife was a Norwood.)
Jennifer Payne's notes 49-52: https://www.oocities.org/heartland/pointe/3829/amite_thesis_notes2.html#50
49 In the 1850 census of East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana, B.F. Dixon was enumerated with his first wife Jane Norwood Dixon and their three children Sarah, Lucius, and Elizabeth. The census indicates that he had $5000 in personal property, not including land or slaves he might have owned. Dixon and his first wife may have had more children before her death in March 1854, but only Sarah and Lucius were listed in the 1860 census. Elizabeth Dixon, however, is included in B.F. Dixon's 1869 will. If he attended church with Aletha during his marriage, Ebeneezer Baptist Church makes no mention of Benjamin F. Dixon. He did become a member of Galilee Baptist Church in the early 1860s after her death and his remarriage. He is purported to be buried in that church's cemetery. (Will of B.F. Dixon, 1869, Amite County Wills, Vol. II, p. 214; Causey and Otken, Amite County, Mississippi, Vol II, pp. 246-250.)
50 The Norwoods of East Feliciana figure prominently in three of the families discussed in this study. Robert Germany, brother of Elizabeth Germany Land Craft, married Caroline Norwood in June 1847. Caroline's older sister Jane E. S. Norwood married Benjamin F. Dixon as his first wife in September 1841. She died in 1854 at the age of twenty-nine. Caroline and Jane's brother Abel John Norwood would marry Amanda Buckholtz, daughter of Victoria Batchelor Buckholtz Street in March 1850. Their niece Caroline Norwood married Victoria Street's son and Amanda's half brother Thomas P. Street in September 1860. (Amite County Marriages, East Feliciana, Louisiana Marriages)
51 Amite County Probate Record, Vol. 22, pp. 248-50.
52 Will of B.F. Dixon, 1869, Amite County Will Book, Vol. II, p. 214.
NOT Elizabeth (Hudson) Jenkins: In the 1870 census, Elizabeth Jenkins (73) is in the household of Stephen Jackson (52) in Amite County, Mississippi.
This is Elizabeth (Talbert) Jenkins, daughter of Jesse Talbert & Susannah Slade, according to "The Order of the First Families of Mississippi" biography for Jesse Talbert.
From the bio of Willie/Wilia Jenkins:
- Wilie/Wilia Jenkins' son James Jenkins married Elizabeth Talbert
- Their daughter Amanda Jenkins married Stephen Jackson.
Above & also extended family of William P Martin (abt.1795-1877).
- ↑ See footnote about Benjamin Dixon.
- ↑ Four children, but only one attached. 1880 census has two not hers & jr. The FS copy is attached to A.D. Aldridge's PID LZCQ-2FT, but none of the sources as of 17 January 2022 give info on additional children. Still, they have four children attached, so maybe their PIDs have sources, or Memory's book does? Or not, since the other three all appear to have died young (judging by the dates).
- Alfred Downs Jr Aldridge (1876–1934) • L62N-8ZQ
- Alta Roshe Aldridge (1879–1879) • 94NX-D2X
- Hal Aldridge (1880–1880) • K8M8-WRG
- Lily Aldridge (1881–1882) • K8CL-3KY
- ↑ Couldn't find any more info on him, or any connection to Armajor Kent Hall. (At least not in time to explain his being named Hall in 1867 - perhaps it was Hal? There's a Hal Aldridge born 1867 with FS records, but those records include different set of parents.)
- ↑ Stayed as manager - lots of Annies - want to not have them merged away.
- ↑ Had stayed as manager (now not) because I wanted to explore the Dixon connection (and a bit of the Jackson connection too). The first wife of her husband Benjamin Franklin Dixon of Louisiana was Jane Norwood. Amanda (Buckholts) Norwood moved to Louisiana c1850 as a bride. I've updated her profile, and in so doing found a note by Payne describing the Dixon-Norwood connection (see #Dixon-Norwood Connections, above).
- ↑ "United States Census, 1870," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-6769-VJ1?cc=1438024&wc=K2BT-ZNL%3A518663301%2C518740301%2C518740302 : 14 June 2019), Mississippi > Amite > Amite county, part of > image 159 of 262; citing NARA microfilm publication M593 (Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.).
- ↑ "The Order of the First Families of Mississippi" - Jesse Talbert (accessed 19 January 2022).
- ↑ "The Order of the First Families of Mississippi" - Wilie Jenkins (accessed 19 January 2022).
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)