- Navigation: Nordic Project
The purpose of this free-space page is to gather links to different kinds of resources providing images.
Source images of church books can usually be found at the national archive of each country but there are many other kinds of image databases that could be found online, for example gravestones, photos, and newspapers . The main focus on this page is to add links to image resources other than the church books.
- Dansk Kirkegårds Index - Danish church yard index.
- Søby Brunkulslejre Memorial Park. Database 1940 - 1960.
- Historiske kort på nettet - Historical maps of Denmark
- Aerial photography 1944 Luftwaffe 1944.
- Danmark set fra Luften Aerial photography 1930 - 2009.
- wadschier Unknown persons 1850 - 1930.
Local Region Archives
- Historisk Randers Photos, biographies and history from Randers and Djursland.
- Esbjerg Byhistoriske Arkiv Esbjerg Town Archive, photo and film.
- Old photos from Copenhagen 110.123 old photographs from Copenhagen.
- Fyn & Islands
- Svendborg History Incl old paintings of Ships of Svendborg.
- arkiv.dk - A search of 580 Danish archives collections. The collection has a range of material, photos, drawings, newspaper clippings, film and sound clips and other.
- Det Kgl. Bibliotek (The Danish Royal Library) - Includes databases of
- Digitised aerial photos
- Journal archive
- Mediestream database for historical newspapers, radio and tv programs,
- Digital collection of images, maps, handwritten manuscripts and more.
- The National Museum - digital image collection.
- Danish History of Crime - database of cases incl photos.
- Danish Farms 1910 By J C B La Cour. Book, list Danish farms, incl photos.
- sa-kuva.fi - The photo archive of the Finnish Army.
- digi.narc.fi - The Digital Archive of the National Archive of Finland. Documents and maps.
- Doria Doria is a multi-institutional repository maintained by National Library of Finland.
- Legstaðaleit - Photos of Icelandic graves.
- SARPUR - A cultural collection - A search of 53 museums collections; objekts, photos, design and culture.
- Digitalarkivet, Historiske bilder Historical photos from different geographical areas.
- Digitalarkivet: Norwegian Digital Archive. The Digital Archive is a service from the National Archives of Norway. You can search among many different resources (parish registers, some of the bygdeboks, and historical photos) or you can make use of the discussion forum or e-mail. If your enquiry is sensitive in nature and you do not wish to discuss it publicly in the discussion forum or send via e-mail, you can send it via regular post or contact the archives directly by telephone.
- Learn to navigate the digitised archive material in the Digital Archives. See also tips on how to search on Kitty Coopers blog
- Ask Digitalarkivet – discussion forum for questions and answers pertaining to the Digital Archives and its sources
- Contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Postal address: Digitalarkivet, Statsarkivet i Bergen, Årstadveien 22, 5009 Bergen, Support telephone for Digitalarkivet: (+47) 91 67 05 98, Regular opening times 09:00 - 15:00 (Norwegian time)
- Gravstensinventeringen - The Federation of Swedish Genealogical Societies launched an online database called "Gravstensinventeringen" (means "gravestone inventory"). The purpose of this database is to gather pictures of gravestones and save them for the future. Right now there are more than 447.000 pictures available. All pictures are free to use with the Creative Commons license CC By-Nc.
- Digitalt Museum - Examples of object types are photograps, things/artifacts, design and buildings. Also some articles and museum exhibitions.
- Swedish National Archives - Photos Military photos, some people and landscape photos.
- Malmö Stad, Bildarkivet - Malmoe City Archives, digitial asset collection. Photographs of people and locations.
- Luleå kommuns historiska bildarkiv Luleå municipality's historical image archive (only in Swedish).
- Örebro Stadsarkiv, Bildarkivet Örebro City Archives, Image archive.
- Svenska Dagstidningar - Digitalized newspapers. The material older than 115 years can be viewed online.
- Minnessidan (Familjesidan.se) - Obituaries from 2007 and forward, used by most of the Swedish funeral services.
- Porträttfynd - In 2002, The Federation of Swedish Genealogical Societies launched an online database called "Porträttfynd" (means "portrait treasures"). The purpose of this database is to gather scans of old cabinet prints and cartes-de-visite and save them for the future.
- Svenskt Porträttarkiv (Swedish Portrait Archive) - It started as a Facebook group and now the webpage has more than 800.000 pictures available to search. All portraits and user-submitted information are free to use with the Create Commons BY-SA 4.0 license if not specified otherwise on the portrait page.
- Riksarkivet, Krigsarkivets porträttsamlingar - Swedish National Archives, Portrait collection from the Military archives
- Stockholms Stad, Stadsarkivet -Stockholmspolisens signalementsfotografier 1869-1920 Stockholm Police, Depictional Photographs 1869-1920
- Riksarkivet, Frigivna straffarbetsfångar Released penal prisoners
- Riksarkivet - Swedish National Archives. Mostly used for the scanned church archives but there are useful civil and military archives as well. Riksarkivet is free of charge.
- Arkiv Digital - Subscription needed but sometimes on holidays like easter and christmas they open the archive to be free for all. Software needs to be downloaded in order to view the images of church books and more.
- The Archives Portal Europe provides access to information on archival material from different European countries as well as information on archival institutions
- Email addresses Dec 14, 2020.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Missy Berryann and Nordic Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)