The purpose of this team is:
- to make members aware of and to resolve suggestions, which are inconsistencies in the WikiTree profile database, and reported by WikiTree Plus, a tool and separate database developed by Ales Trnik, a WikiTree Team Lead. Suggestion Lists are updated weekly and published on Tuesdays.
- Suggestions are:
- Errors- incorrect entries as the result of typos or imports of GEDCOM that need to be corrected; or
- Hints - results of inconsistencies in linking to external databases, like Ancestry or others, caused by a typo, an incorrect link to the profile, or an issue that needs investigating; or
- Warnings - produced by uncommon data due to a typo or unique information on profiles and must be reviewed and resolved.
What do members of this team do?
- This team corrects errors, reviews and resolves warnings, and investigates hints' in the WikiTree database following the guidelines of the Data Doctors Project, Nordic Project, and country subprojects.
- There is a Difficulty Rating for each suggestion defined as:
- " 'Easy'"- fundamental format issues caused by typos, punctuation omissions, name or date errors. (Examples: Brackets, Typos in any field, Headings);
- "' Intermediate'" - requires knowledge of WikiTree functions and proper formatting. (Examples: Inline citations, Sourcing, Template formatting); or
- "'Advanced'" - requires multiple steps, research, and combines more than one intermediate function to resolve. (Examples: Merging, Clean up Profile after merges, duplicate sources).
- Navigate to pages outlining the process and tools used in working on suggestions in WikiTree from this table. The bolded titles are the most important guidelines.
- Find what you are interested in resolving through the Difficulty-Level Suggestions and Suggestions Groups & More links and pages.
|Suggestions and Nordic Project Data Doctors Team - Related Page Links|
|Suggestions Guidelines||Suggestion Reports & Status Page||Status Page||Data Doctors Project Page|
|Easy Rating Suggestions||Intermediate Rating Suggestions||Advanced Rating Suggestions||Suggestions Groups & More|
Nordic Project Data Doctors Team
- Maggie Andersson
- Missy Berryann
- Amy Crawford
- Gunnar Fernqvist
- Emily Holmberg
- Sjana Bauer
- Aksel Horvei
- Anders Lönnermark
- Laurie Miller
- Carl Preisler
- Marie Ronnegård
- Bill Sandve
- Eric Stamper
- Jeffrey Wall
- Kathy Schleicher
- Axel Svensson
How You Can Help
The Nordic Data Doctors Team has two different ways to help:
- "Officially" join the Team as a badged Data Doctor, or
- If you just want to help lower "extra attention needed" suggestions counts
To "officially" join the Nordic Project Data Doctors Team, please:
- be a badged member of the Nordic Project, and at least one country sub-project's badge,
- be a badged Data Doctor through the Data Doctors Project, and
- choose a specific country or countries to work on those suggestions
- All Nordic Project and subproject members are encouraged to work on cleaning up suggestions. If you would like to help with this effort, you need to be a member of the Nordic Project, and at least one country subproject. You can contact the Team Leader for instructions and help get you set up.
- As an official Data Doctor Team member, you can:
- Work on any Difficulty-Level suggestions (Easy, Intermediate, or Advanced) with review of you work on three Nordic profiles for any suggestions at each level,
- Send more than the normal 20 emails a day limit for WikiTree members,
- Help build instructions and best practices for the Nordic Data Doctors with the Team Leader,
- Mentor new members in the Nordic Project to resolve their managed profiles' suggestions.
- If you "just want to help" reduce the large number of suggestions requiring extra attention each month you need to have the Nordic Project badge and at least one country's subproject badge:
- work on the Easy Suggestions involved for the suggestions needing extra attention,
- inform the Team Leader what you are working on, and
- contact the Team Leader with any questions or issues
- However you want to help, we appreciate your efforts and contributions, and excited to work with you and grow the team.
August 2022 Progress
- Statistics from the Suggestions Lists published on 31 July and 30 August 2022 for work done in August were tablulated and summarized in this table. Please click on the links to review the full report by country and each suggestion listed.
- The highlighted numbers on each country's report indicate 500 or more profiles with the suggestion, and require extra attention this month.
- This table summarizes the total numbers for each country.
- To see the countries' current complete Suggestions List, click on the country in the Nordic Country column.
|Nordic Country||Total Suggestions at|
|Total Suggestions at|
|Trajectory||Progress Percentage - |
|Progress Report Link|
|Denmark||2,880||2,879||↓ -1||↓ 0.03%||August 2022 Denmark|
|Finland||6,752||6,746||↓ 6||↓ 0.1%||August 2022 Finland|
|Iceland||78||79||↑ 1||↑ 1.3%||August 2022 Iceland|
|Norway||8,138||6,169||↓ 1,969||↓ 24%||August 2022 Norway|
|Sweden||20,443||20,106||↓ 337||↓ 1.7%||August 2022 Sweden|
To Do in September 2022
Table of Extra Attention Needed Suggestions
- The following table is the list by country of those suggestions requiring extra attention this month with more than 500 profiles needing resolution.
- Disclaimer: Be sure you are comfortable working in the country and with the Suggestion Group, the individual suggestion, and the Difficulty Level indicated for the suggestion. If you need help, or want us to check a few suggestions you worked on, please contact one of this page's Profile Managers.
Access & Instructions
- To access the suggestion's list, click on the Suggestion Links by Country for the suggestion you want to help with, which takes you directly to that suggestion at the top of your screen.
- Note: If there is more than one country on the list, click on the suggestion's country link for the suggestion.
- Once you click on the suggestion link and are at that suggestion in the report, scroll up a little to see the timeframes for the suggestion.
- Click on the number in the timeframe you are comfortable researching to pull up the suggestion's list of profiles.
Nordic Countries Suggestions Work Archive
- See previous months' reports preserved here: Nordic Countries Progress Reports.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Missy Berryann, Sheryl Moore, and Maggie Andersson. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)