Surnames/tags: Nordic Nordic_Trail
The purpose of this team is:
- To help guide new Nordic Project members how to do research and improve profiles of people who lived in the Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden) by primarily using the original sources available online. It will also be an opportunity for a researcher already using original sources to learn about WikiTree and Nordic Project profile guidelines.
What do members of this team do?
- The Trail Coordinator is the first point of contact and also the one who connects a Trail Guide with a new Explorer.
- A Trail Guide takes on the mission to guide a new Nordic Project member, an Explorer, in how to do basic research for three, currently orphaned, profiles of a chosen Nordic country. By having Trail Guides working one on one, helping out and encouraging an Explorer, we hope more WikiTree members will work with original sources of the Nordic countries. In time, we hope to raise the numbers of experienced WikiTree members who actively work on Nordic profiles and perhaps even become Trail Guides themselves.
- Nordic Trail Coordinator:
- Trail Guides:
- Current Explorers:
Do you want to know more?
- Check out the info page, Nordic Project - Nordic Trail Info
Do you want to help out as a Trail Guide?
- Send a private message to the Trail Coordinator or post a message on this page for us to contact you.
Do you want to become an Explorer?
- Please check the info page if the country you are interested in has been activated. If you find it is active, send a private message to the Trail Coordinator or post a message on this page for us to contact you.
Resources and links for Nordic Trail:
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Missy Berryann and Nordic Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)