upload image

North Road Cemetery - Heritage Tree

Privacy Level: Open (White)
Date: 1853 [unknown]
Location: Nailsworth, South Australiamap
Surnames/tags: Cemeteries Heritage South_Australia
This page has been accessed 257 times.

History
North Road Cemetery was established in 1853, and was originally intended as the parish burial ground of Christ Church in North Adelaide. It achieved a greater significance, however, after Bishop Short, the first Anglican Bishop of Adelaide (1847-1882), surrendered the Anglican grant of land in the West Terrace Cemetery in 1862. . . . more and photos . .

North Road Cemetery is located in the Adelaide suburb of Nailsworth, approximately 5 km north of the central business district. It is 7.3 hectares (18 acres) in size and there have been over 24,000 burials since its foundation in 1853.
The original size of the cemetery was 0.8 hectare (2 acres) and was established by South Australia’s first Anglican bishop, Augustus Short on land which he owned.
The cemetery is still maintained by the Anglican Diocese of Adelaide.

North Road Cemetery A - B | C - D | E - G | H – K | L – O | P – R | S – U | V - Z





Collaboration
  • Login to edit this profile and add images.
  • Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
  • Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)


Comments

Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.