Surnames/tags: Noland Martin Aldridge
I asked Dad about the photograph cousin Rich sent me of Grandma Mary Noland, trying to figure out where and when it was taken. Dad figured it was between 1903 and 1921, based on the following information:
- My father was born at Sligo in 1896
- Alma was born at Sligo in 1898
- Sligo burned down in 1899
- Myra was born about 1901, halfway between Bovina and Vicksburg - Newton, I think it was called
- TV was born in Vicksburg [in 1903]
- They were living in Vicksburg on South Street, near Holy Trinity Episcopal Church then.
So - the picture of Grandma Mary Noland was taken between 1903 and May 1921 (the month she died), at their home on South Street in Vicksburg, Mississippi. I'd say it was closer to 1920, when Mary would've been 55.
~Liz Shifflett, January 22, 2013
Transcriptions from H.P. Noland's Aldridge Genealogical Data folder.
- "Stories from Dad - 1" tells of an intruder at the family home in the 1920s. It's primarily about Dad's father but talks about his uncle as well.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 24 Sep 2016 at 23:07 GMT Jeannette (Martin) Saladino wrote: