The Nuns in Australia main page has all the project information. But there are too many individuals to sensibly manage in the one Free-Space Profile
Please note the following
- Where there is more than one Convent the Convent names are sorted in alphabetical order.
- Dates are publication dates.
- Names in italics are relatives of the relevant Sister.
- Schools associated with the Convent are shown in the Convent notes.
Not all Sisters have death and/or funeral notices. Notices that actually contain the strings that have been used for searching may not have their text corrected and consequently remain "hidden".
Poor Clare Convent
- Profession of Nellie HEGARTY (in religion Sr. Mary Magdalen) 15 Aug 1888
Parents: Michael Hegarty, of Waverley
- Death and Requiem Mass of Bride LAWLESS (possibly LAWLER) (in religion Rev. Mother Mary Theresa Joseph) 29 Oct 1888
Death: New South Wales BDM Registration No. 5122/1888 as "Mary T. B. Lawless
Parents: John and Mary Lawless
- Death of Farah F SLOAN (in religion Sr. Mary Francisca) 11 May 1893. See also: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article115574509
Death: New South Wales BDM Registration No. 15289/1893
Parents: John and Ann Sloan
- Profession of Mary SCULLEY (in religion Sr. Mary Agnes) 26 Jan 1894. See also: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article145858899, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article115553482
- Profession of C. MOLONEY (in religion Sr. Mary Francis) 13 Feb 1897. See also: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article104405411
Possibly the same person as the listing above? t.b.c.
- Profession of A. COSTELLO, of Lake Nash, Queensland (in religion Sr. Magdalene Berchmans) 21 Aug 1897
- Requiem Mass for Anna R MOENS (in religion Sr. Mary Elizabeth) 16 Jul 1906. See also: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article106292322, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article108030953, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article71539195.
Death: New South Wales BMD Registration No. 10939/1906
Parents: William and Ann Moens
Born Kent, England.
- Profession of Getrude GALLAGHER (in religion Sr. Mary Agnes Paschal) 23 Nov 1908. See also: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article111284364
Parents: J. D. Gallagher, of Melbourne
- Profession of Marion REID (in religion Sr. Mary Leontia) 12 Sep 1914. See also: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article111295498, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article212354807, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article105008505 (reception) 17 Aug 1912
- Profession of Marie GREGORY (in religion Sr. Mary Antonia) 17 Apr 1926. See also: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article106260395
- Death of Bridget WATTERS (in religion Rev. Mother Abbess Mary Anthony) at Lewisham Hospital 11 May 1926. See also: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article171421760, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article116760663, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article106263281
Death: New South Wales Registration No. 6827/1926
Parents: Alexander and Mary Watters
- Death of Unknown CUNNINGHAM (in religion Sr. Mary Dominic Clare) 13 Jan 1927.
Death: New South Wales BDM Registration No. 2241/1927 as "Mary D C Cunningham"
Parents: John and Mary Cunningham
- Death and Funeral of Mary O'HARE (in religion Rev. Mother Mary Aloysius) 9 Sep 1927.
Death: New South Wales BDM Registration No. 19943/1927
Parents: John and Mary E. O'Hare
- Death of Margaret NUGENT (in religion Sr. Mary Teresa) 1930
Wikitree Profile: Margaret "Sr Mary Teresa" Nugent
Death: New South Wales BDM Registration No: 18431/1930
Parents: John Nugent Mary Fitzpatrick
Siblings in religious life: Lizzie Anne "Sr Mary Teresa" Nugent, Mary Bridget "Sr Mary of Simeon's Prophecy" Nugent,Margaret "Sr Mary Teresa" Nugent, Alice "Sr Mary Arsenius" Nugent
- Death of Unknown POWER (in religion Sr. Mary Clare) 12 Jul 1935. See also http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article104505752, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article17186980
Death: New South Wales Registration No. 17342/1935 (as Mary C. Power)
Parents: Edward and Ellen (nee Hannigan) Power
Birth: Waverley, NSW
First Australian born nun to make her profession in 1890
Family: Death of Ellen Power (mother) 14 Dec 1913. See also http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article108166211; Death of Maurice Power (brother) 13 Mar 1930. See also: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article223702354, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article16633338
- Death and Funeral of Catherine Elizabeth MOLONEY (in religion Rev. Mother Mary Francis) 3 Aug 1936.
The second Australian-born nun to make her profession.
Death: News South Wales BDM Registration No. 17974/1936
Parents: John and Bridget Moloney
- Death of Marion REID (in religion Sister Mary Leontia 14 Mar 1937. See also http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article104394910
Death: New South Wales BDM Registration No. 11829/1937
Parents: William and Mary Reid
- Profession of Ellen FITZGERALD (religious name not mentioned) 9 Feb 1929
Parents: Mrs. Fitzgerald, of Lourdes