Surnames/tags: O'Keeffe O'Keefe Keeffe
About the Project
The O'Keeffe Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the O'Keeffe name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the O'Keeffe name. Please note that although this project is tied to O'Keeffe; alternate spellings are welcomed as well until someone starts a One Name Study for that particular spelling.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England O'Keeffes), by time period (18th Century O'Keeffes), or by topic (O'Keeffe DNA, O'Keeffe Occupations, O'Keeffe Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
See Also: O'Keefe Name Study
Also see the related surnames and surname spelling variants.
How to Join
To join the O'Keeffe Name Study, first start out by browsing our current research pages to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
Here are some of the current research pages included in the study. I'll be working on them, and could use your help!
A fun project for someone:
- Please contact Joseph O'Keefe if you would like to be involved in this project.
Related Surnames and Spelling Variants
- O Keefe
- O' Keeffe
- O Keeffe
Alternate Surnames and Spelling Variants
- Ireland Church and Civil Records
- Family Search
- 1821 - 1911 Irish Census Records
- NLI-Catholic Parish Registers
- 1850 Griffith's Valuation
- Find a Grave
Ireland National Archives
- Ireland National Archives-Genealogy
- Census Records, 1901 and 1911
- Census survivals, 1821–1851
- Census Search Forms, 1841–1851
- Tithe Applotment Books, 1823–1837
- Soldiers’ Wills, 1914–1917
- Diocesan & Prerogative Marriage Licence Bonds Indexes, 1623–1866
- Catholic Qualification & Convert Rolls, 1700–1845
- Valuation Office House, Field, Tenure & Quarto Books, 1824–1856
- Shipping Agreements & Crew Lists, 1863–1921
- Will Registers, 1858–1900
- Calendars of Wills & Administrations, 1858–1922
- Prerogative & Diocesan copies of some wills & indexes to others, 1596–1858
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Name Studies WikiTree and Joseph O'Keefe. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)