Surnames/tags: Payton Peyton
Categories: Peyton Project.
English Branch of Peytons & Paytons
- This page is designed to provide a discussion point for the branches of the Peyton/Payton families in England. See the Peyton Families page for the American branches.
- If you're a profile manager for people in these lines, please ask to be added as a profile manager when you send a trusted list request (click the link in the box below). Anyone interested in the Peytons & Paytons on either side of the pond is welcome, just send a trusted list request.
- ↑ The privacy level of this page is set so that you need to be on the trusted list to edit it. The intent is for active Payton/Peyton profile managers to also be Profile Managers for this page, which would allow communication to all through a bulletin board post (those are sent to all managers for a profile).
- Online links to transcriptions of primary sources:
- find a profile with a primary source transcript? add it here!
- your favorite?
- Check the Genealogy Resource Exchange subcategory under WikiTree Genealogy Help. (no obvious Peyton/Payton resources as of 3/28/13)
I've started going through the 2 boxes of papers and notebooks I have with information on (mainly) English Paytons I have collected over the last 30 years of research, I aim to get it all entered on here to help researchers in the future. I should add that a lot of it is not directly connected to my own branch of the family (yet) but you never know and someone else may find it useful.
For those interested in the DNA testing side of the hobby I have started marking up the various lines with a place marker of the place of residence of the earliest know ancestor in that line, do let me know if you find it useful/interesting.
There is a web-site for the Payton /Peyton DNA project - you can find it here
Some interesting results are already appearing.
Lowest Peyton/Payton Profiles
- Before any merging, we need to reach consensus on the version of the name to be used (for example, Payton or Peyton) and find the profile with the lowest numbered WikiTree ID. Then all of the duplicates can be merged into that profile. (See merging multiple profiles for additional information.)
- As we determine the “final” profile for each Payton/Peyton, we can list him/her here, which will facilitate future merges.
Thomas De_Payton of Isleham (1417-1484)
Henry Peyton of Chancery Lane (1590-1656)
- Extensive DNA results available at http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/payton/results
John Payton of Abingdon (Est 1714 - 1758)
Tardebigge in Worcestershire Branch
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Liz Shifflett, Steven Staley, Margaret Wilkinson, Tiggy Payton, Anonymous Payton, and Roland Payton. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 7 Dec 2014 at 18:15 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote: