Location: Swinford, County Mayo, Ireland
- It is certain that not many people in Swinford realise that the old Protestant Graveyard in exists! The author has lived in the area 16 years and was not aware!
- The Graveyard is located just off Davitt Place at the back of Church view, in the heart of Swinford town.
- Late last year (2017) a local TÚS scheme started work in the old graveyard and they have done tremendous work there. It was badly overgrown and in a poor state but is now passable.
- There are many unmarked graves and graves with completely unreadable markers and one crypt for the Brabazon family that is in a poor state with leaking roof.
- The graveyard used to surround St Mary's Church of Ireland Church which has long since been pulled down. The Old Protestant Graveyard is in the Civil Parish of Kilconduff, in the Barony of Gallen, in the County of Mayo
- This listing is complete and all readable stones have been photographed.
- If there is a link for a photograph of the headstone and you click that then top right you will find the links of the people to whom the photo is attached.
Occupant(s) Birth Year Death Year Image Maj H.B.Brabazon 1798 1864
Sir W.Brabazon 1776 1840 Sarah (Scott) Eames 1838 1870
Anthony Ellard 1824 1836
John Ellard 1777 1846
Henry Hamilton 1868 1915
David Kinghan 1841 1908 Maj Robert Murray 1808 1852
George Scott (Husband) 1816 1888
Jane Scott (Wife) 1901