Othello a 404 Ton Immigrant ship which set out from Liverpool on the 27th of August 1833 bound for Australia. She made landing in Hobart Town in Van Diemen's Land on the 18th of February 1834.
- Registered: Liverpool, England
- Master: Captain Leggett.
- Crew: 24
- Surgeon: Thomas Mitchell
- Owners: Hendersons, Sellar & Co.
- Agent: John Boges
- Passengers: 117
- Health of Passengers: Very Good
- Guns: 4
It is worth noting that Othello had been struck by lightning on the night of the 19th September 1833, in Latitude 10 ½ degree's. North, Longitude. 22 ½ West. Jury masts were afterwards got up, and the vessel arrived at Rio' on the 29th October of that year, having sailed 3145 miles since the disaster, the distance, in a direct course, being; 2424 miles.
From The Colonist and Van Diemen's Land Commercial and Agricultural Advertiser of February 25, 1834. 
From there Othello made her way to the New South Wales Colony where she is described as weighing 430 Tons...
- On ANCESTRY  - Source Citation: Archives Office of Tasmania; Tasmania, Australia; Reports of ships arrivals with lists of passengers; Film Number: SLTX/AO/MB/1; Series Number: MB2/39/1/2 - Source Information: Ancestry.com. Tasmania, Australia, Passenger Arrivals, 1829-1957 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011.
- In the Hobart Town Courier (Tas. : 1827 - 1839) of Friday 21st February, 1834, on Page 3: 
- In The Shipping News of The Colonist and Van Diemen's Land Commercial and Agricultural Advertiser (Hobart Town, Tas. : 1832 - 1834) of Tuesday the 25th of February, 1834, on Page 2. 
- In The Colonist and Van Diemen's Land Commercial and Agricultural Advertiser (Hobart Town, Tas. : 1832 - 1834) of Tuesday the 25th of February, 1834, also on Page 2. 
- In The Sydney Gazette and New South Wales Advertiser (NSW : 1803 - 1842) of Saturday the 15th of March, 1834, on Page 2. 
- In The Sydney Herald (NSW : 1831 - 1842) of Monday the 17th of March 1834, on Page 2. 
- Passengers in history
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)