This page is a place to record research opportunities based on Rob Bongiovi's research.
- Locate birth record
- Locate immigration record -- census routinely indicate he immigrated in 1901. He may have a 1906 naturalization file
- Locate birth record/parents in Poland. A Francis Sliwinski was a witness to the marriage -- perhaps this will help find Joseph's parents.
- Locate obituary
- Locate birth record
- Look for records between birth and 1900
- Locate World War II military records
- Locate birth, marriage and death records
- Locate marriage record
Most of the information is from work by Carol Curry and a family group sheet. Sometime in the future should go back and get primary sources.
- Need Domicela's death record.
- When he immigrated in 1902, Leon reported he was going Conneticut. In 1909, he has moved to Hammond, Indiana. Research to determine if we can figure out why he moved to Indiana.
- Carol Curry reports Wincenty Sejda (1902-1971)'s birth and other family information. Should ask for details and research further.
- This post on a Polish genealogy forum has a link to Wincenty's birth record, his grave, and other information.
- Don't have many pictures of this person. Look to see if there is one in the Hammond High School yearbooks which are online at the Hammond Library.
- Missing all children save Leon Sejda (1870-1935)
- Missing birth, marriage and death
- Didn't complete all of the ancillary records I located in my How is Tony Sejda related to Leon Sejda (Sejda-7)
- World War II draft card
- Naturalization index card
- application for his veteran's gravestone
- World War I Service card
- Holy Cross Cemetery Intermnet card forAnthony and Mary
- On Fold3, found his outbound record for World War I which lists Leon Sejda (1870-1935) as his POC. His return record lists Leon as his brother
- The marriage record gives a different town of birth that might lead to his birth record and other family records -- Jerutki, Prussia (now Poland)
- ↑ ”New York Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island), 1892-1924,” database with images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/1368704 : downloaded 27 November 2020), Roll 288, vol 485-486, 5 Jul 1902-9 Jul 1902, image 157 of 652; SS Ryndam, arrived New York 6 July 1902; citing NARA microfilm publication T715 and M237 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.).
- ↑ ”Advertised Mail,” The Times (Munster, Indiana), 7 September 1909, List of uncalled mail, including Leon Sejda; online images, Newspapers.com (https://www.newspapers.com : downloaded 28 December 2020).
- ↑ Carol Curry, [e-mail for private use], to Robert P. Bongiovi, e-mail, 29 September 2020, “Murawski Family History- Part 2,” Murawski-Ploska Sources; privately held by Robert P. Bongiovi, [e-mail & address for private use], 2020.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)