Location: United States
Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s
Index to passengers who arrived in United States and Canadian ports from the 1500s through the 1900s. "An excellent index of over 4,588,000 names found in more than 2,500 published sources... 15 vols. This is an index of published passenger lists, as well as other published sources, primary and secondary, which indicate the arrival or earliest presence of an immigrant in America at a particular place and time. The first three volumes are a combined alphabetical index printed in 1981. Supplemental volumes have been issued annually."
- edited by Percy William Filby.
- published by Gale Research, Farmington Hills, MI, USA, 2012
- Source Example:
- <span id='Filby'></span>Filby, P. William, ed. ''[[Space:Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s|Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s]]'' (Farmington Hills, MI, USA: Gale Research, 2012) year, ship, destination
- Inline Citation Example:
Available online at these locations:
- ↑ Introduction, 1994 Supplement, p. xi:
- PILI does not index passenger lists only. Naturalization lists and other publications where immigration to the New World can be determined to have occurred are indexed as well. . . . The date and place appearing in PILI do not necessarily equate to the date and port of arrival. Locations referred to in some sources are in fact sometimes destinations, locations of settlement, or the particular location of the immigrant on the date cited.
- ↑ https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/US_Immigration_Passenger_Arrival_Records