Location: Haverhill, Essex, Massachusetts Bay Colony
Surnames/tags: House_History Massachusetts One_Place_Studies
Peaslee Garrison House History
Peaslee Garrison was built by Dr Joseph Peasley Jr. (1646-1735) around 1674.
|Exterior view of the Peaslee Garrison House|
"The house of Joseph Peaslee, Jr., the father of Mary, was built of brick brought from England and is still standing near Rocks Village, in the East Parish. It was used as a garrison house in the French and Indian wars."
|Peaslee, Joseph House|
- Built: 1674
- Village: Rocks Village
- Town: Haverhill
- Address: 790 East Broadway Haverhill, Massachusetts
- GPS: 42.807470, -71.009520
- Comment by Arthur's Park January 4, 2015 at 10:37 PM on blog about the construction being around 1710-11, needs research.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Kimball, Emma Adaline & Sawyer, C E. The Peaslees and Others of Haverhill and Vicinity (Press of Chase Bros., 1899 Haverhill, Massachusetts) Pages 14, 25 Internet Archive
- ↑ Nutting, Wallace (1861-1941). "Exterior view of the Peaslee Garrison House" 1910-1930s Courtesy of Historic New England (https://www.historicnewengland.org/ : accessed 5 Nov 2021) PC039: Wallace Nutting photographic collection, 1910s-1930s Identifier: GUSN-199731
- ↑ "Peaslee, Joseph House" Courtesy of Massachusetts Cultural Resource Information (MACRIS) (https://mhc-macris.net/ : accessed 5 Nov 2021) Inventory # HVR.29
- Kimball, Emma Adaline. "Wayside Flowers" (Hoyt, Fogg & Donham, 1882, Portland, Maine) Pages 13 and 119-123 Internet Archive
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Azure Robinson and One Place Studies Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)