Cranes in Pennsylvania
On March 4, 1681, Charles II of England granted the Province of Pennsylvania to William Penn.
The Welsh Tract, also called the Welsh Barony, was a portion of the U.S. state of Pennsylvania settled largely by Welsh-speaking Quakers. It is located to the west of Philadelphia. The original settlers, led by John Roberts, negotiated with William Penn in 1684 to constitute the Tract as a separate county whose local government would use the Welsh language. The Barony was never formally created, but the many Welsh settlers gave their communities Welsh names that survive today.
- "History of Beaver County, Pennsylvania and Its Centennial Celebration" Full Text.
- "History of Chester County, Pennsylvania".
- "History of Cumberland and Adams Counties, Pennsylvania".
- "A History of the Juniata Valley and Its People"
- "Biographical Annals of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania"
- "History of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania".
- "St. Michael's Evangelical Lutheran Church Records". Pfouts' Valley, Perry, Pennsylvania.
Craneville, Erie County, Pennsylvania was founded by Fowler Crane. It is bordered to the west by Conneaut Township and to the north, east, and south by Elk Creek Township. The borough of Albion is 2 miles (3 km) southwest of Cranesville. There is both a Crane Street and a Crane Road in Cranesville.
Fowler laid out a village, built a tavern, and established a store and "Ashery" at a crossroads where the Girard and Meadville Road crosses the Crane Road.
The Cranesville Post Office is located at 10283 Crane Street, Cranesville, PA 16410.
- "History of Erie County, Pennsylvania" Elihu Crane begins on pg 770
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)