Location: Montgomery County, Ohio, United States
Perry Township, Montgomery County, Ohio, United States
Perry Township was formed March 7, 1820, to include the parts of Madison and Jefferson Townships in Township 5, Ranges 4 east. 
Perry Township, Montgomery County, Ohio was formed in 1820 from Jackson and Madison Townships and was named in honor of Oliver Hazard Perry who achieved victory over the British Navy during the Battle of Lake Erie. The area was settled later than its surrounding townships because it had poor drainage and tended to be under standing water most of the year. It could not be farmed without a bit of work but that didn't stop the sturdy pioneer.
In 1805, John and Christian Wogoman came from Pennsylvania. In 1807 came Henry Shank and his son Jacob Shank arrived from Virginia. The same year, George Brumbaugh settled in. John Granger was born in New Jersey in 1766, married Barbara Redman in Maryland, then 10 children later, moved into Perry Township in 1809. Their 11th son George was born in the township in 1810. Jacob Wysong and his family settled in not long after. In 1806, John Diehl came to the area with his father Jacob Diehl (who settled in Jefferson Township) John married Susannah Miller, the daughter of Isaac Miller, in 1813. Andrew Clemmer settled section 32 in the fall of 1814. In 1815, John King and his wife moved in to the township as did John and Susannah Venus. Daniel Mundhenk was born in Germany in 1777 and, after spending some time in Philadelphia, bought 160 acres in section 5 of Perry Township in 1816. Daniel built the first steam saw-mill in the township.
- The History of Montgomery County, Ohio (W. H. Beers & Co., Chicago, 1882)