This very fragile and badly damaged notebook was found in a box of family records from Lewis Nelson. It contains birth information of Laust Nielsen's family - his wife Susanna Schmidt and their three children. There are other personal notes as well. The notebook contains writing in three languages - Danish, German, and English.
The notebook is currently in storage to protect it from further damage. Pages will be added as they are photographed.
Cite as: [[Space:Personal_notebook_of_Laust_Nielsen|Laust Nielsen's Notebook]]. Currently in the possession of [[Eis-27|Walter Eis]]. Contains information about [[Nielsen-6743|Laust Nielsen]], his wife, and their children.
|Page 11 - Personal Reference|
|Page 12 - Birth information for Susanna Schmidt|
|Page 13 - Birth information for N B Nelson|
|Page 14 - Birth information for Lena S. Nelson|
|Page 15 - Birth and death information for Johnne Nelson|
[Danish] This is a job or personal reference from an employer or master in Denmark. There is no mention of what job or service Laust performed.
Laust Nielsen Has served me in a year, and has proven fidelity So I am hereby well pleased with him. Nørre Vollum 8 September 1865 Anders Laursen.
[German] This appears to be about Susanna Schmidt, Laust's wife.
Page is untranslated, although Susana's birth is recorded - the date (15 January 1861), and Susana Schmidt geboren (born).
[German and Danish] Birth information about Nels Nelson
Niels Bennedict(?) Nelson was born May 5 1880 3 [unknown] [unknown] son of Lewis Nelson and mother Susana Schmidt in McPherson McPherson Co Kansas
[German and Danish] Birth information about Lena Nelson
Lena S Nelson November 11 1882 [11 O'clock at night] daughter of Lewis Nelson and mother Susana Schmidt in McPherson McPherson Co Kansas|size=m}}
[German and Danish] Birth and death of Johnne Nelson. Johnne lived less than two months. The addition of a note at the top of the page - Little son, seems to show the depth of the loss.
Little son Johnne Lewes Nelson was born January 4 morning 2 o'clock 1888 and died February 28 half past 2 o'clock pm 1888 son of Lewes Nelson and mother Susana Schmidt in McPherson McPherson Co Kansas.
- Danish Script Help needed Apr 19, 2022.
- Could use some feedback/advice on a free-space page Nov 22, 2018.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)