Surnames/tags: Peyton Payton
Peyton Genealogy Resources
- ’’’The Peytons Of Virginia II, Volume One’’’, 2004
- BEING AN ACCOUNT OF THE ANCIENT AND KNIGHTLY FAMILY OF PEYTON OF SUFFOLK AND EPECIALLY OF THOSE WHO BECAME PLANTERS IN HIS MAJESTY’S COLONY OF VIRGINIA. COMPILED BY THE PEYTON SOCIETY OF VIRGINIA, GATEWAY PRESS, INC., BALTIMORE,MD., 2004, Library of Congress Control Number 2004108403.
- ’’’The Peytons Of Virginia II, Volume Two’’’, 2004
- The genealogical material in this revised edition is presented in a series of Genealogical Charts grouped under the name of the founder (or supposed founder) of each group. ‘’(note: The Peyton Society of Virginia is in the process of producing a newly revised edition.)’’
- PEYTON FAMILY PAPERS 1790-1999 
- Balie Peyton b. 26 Nov 1803 Sumner County, TN; d. 18 Aug 1878 Gallatin, TN. Married 20 May 1830 to Ann C. Smith b. 26 Jun 1811, daughter of William Smith. They had several children including Emily Turner, Balie II, and John Bell before Ann’s death in 1845.
- John Bell Peyton . 13 Feb 1836 NC, d. 18 May 1914 . FL. Son of Balie Peyton and Ann C. (Smith) Peyton. Married 8 Oct 1861 to Fannie Trousdale, daughter of Governor William Trousdale and Mary (Bugg) Trousdale. He and his wife, Fannie, had several children including Balie III, Julius T., Mary Bugg, Louise Allen, Fannie, and William T.
- Fannie Trousdale Peyton (Mrs. John Bell Peyton) b. 1843 Gallatin, TN, d. 21 Mar 1914 Gallatin, TN, sister to Julius A. and Charles W. Trousdale.
- Dar Records
- "Forgotten Patriots" publications
- Records project
- SAR Member look up