Location: Brighton, Colorado 80601
Surnames/tags: cemeteries Colorado Brighton
Pioneer Cemetery - a.k.a., Black Cemetery - was established in 1863 by the Blundell and Donelson families. This historic site has fewer than 20 burials. It is located just inside Brighton's south city limits on land belonging to M. E. Black and is situated about one-half mile northwest of the Elmwood Cemetery. The cemetery was deeded to the City of Brighton on 01 Nov. 2002.
- City of Brighton's Pioneer Cemetery webpage (Includes photo of its historic marker.)
- Black Cemetery on Interment.net
- Black Cemetery in BillionGraves
- USGenWeb - Forgotten Past of Adams County, Vol. II - The Pioneer Cemetery: A detailed write-up of its history, including photos and documents.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)