Surnames/tags: Hatch, New York http://jefferson.nygenweb.net/hatchp.htm
1. JOHN HATCH, (son of MICHAEL & PRISCILLA (SPRAGUE) HATCH was born 08 May 1751 in Scituate, Plymouth, MA. He moved with his family from Scituate to Spencer, MA between 1770 and 1774. He was one of the Minute Men from Spencer who marched to Boston April 19, 1775. Their first two sons, John and Rufus, were born in Spencer. About 1779 or 1780 Jacob and Elizabeth left Spencer. It is thought they first moved to Vermont and then Washington and/or Otsego County, NY. By 1820 John was living in LeRay.
He married 29 Jun 1776 in Berkley, Bristol Co., MA ELIZABETH WALDEN, who died around 1788
2 i JOHN HATCH
3 ii RUFUS HATCH married HEPZIBAH McNEIL
4 iii WILLIAM HATCH married TEMPERANCE/TEMPI CHALKER
5 iv ELIZABETH HATCH
6 v JACOB HATCH married ELIZABETH or BETSY WILD or WILDES, daughter of THOMAS & ANNA (WILLIAMS) WILD.
7 vi POLLY HATCH He married (2) ANNIE CHALKER
8 i JOHN HATCH
9 ii SYLVANUS HATCH married EUNICE (---)
10 iii HANNAH/FANNY HATCH married JAMES WALDEN
11 iv TEMPERANCE HATCH
12 v SETH HATCH
13 vi CAROLINE HATCH married JESSE STANTON
3. RUFUS HATCH, SR. (son of JOHN & ELIZABETH (WALDEN) HATCH) was born 20 Feb 1779, Spencer, MA and died 29 Jun 1826 in Henderson, Jefferson, NY. and was in Jefferson County by 1810. Rufus Hatch enlisted at Henderson and served in the war of 1812 from March 10, 1813 to May 17, 1813, as a private in Capt. George W. Clark's Company of New York Militia, and from Oct. 12, 1814 to Nov. 15, 1814, as a private in Capt. Solomon McCumber's Company of New York Militia. At the time of his discharge he was described as five feet, eight and one-half inches tall, brown hair, blue eyes, fair complexion and by occupation, a farmer. Much of this information comes from the Bible Records of Rufus, available at Flower Memorial Library, 229 Washington St., Watertown, NY 13601. He is not the brother of nor related to Henry Hatch as was previously suspected.
He married 20 Feb 1800 in Hartford, Vermont HEPZIBAH McNEIL
14 i RUFUS HATCH, Jr. married EVELINE D. HATCH, his cousin, daughter of WILLIAM HATCH.
15 ii CHARLOTTE HATCH married ALVIN HUNT
16 iii ELIZABETH/Betsy HATCH married DAVID B. GREEN
17 iv son, d.y.
18 v LEONARD C. HATCH married MARY PENNY, daughter of ELI & POLLY (---) PENNY
19 vi HENRY H. HATCH
19 vii HEPZIBAH/HEPSEBAH HATCH married HIRAM SPALDING
20 viii JOSEPHUS C. HATCH married JANE ISABELLE COLE, daughter of WILLIAM & BETSY E. (ROOT) COLE
21 ix AUGUSTUS H. HATCH
4. WILLIAM HATCH (son of JOHN & ELIZABETH (WALDEN) HATCH) was born 1780 in Massachusetts or Vermont and died 02 Jul 1833 in St. Lawrence Co. He is reported to have been a surgeon in the War of 1812 and joined the Medical Society in Canton, St. Lawrence Co. Though he lived most of his life in Vermont and later in St. Lawrence Co. he was living in Jefferson Co. in 1820.
He married TEMPERANCE/TEMPI W. CHALKER
22 i EVELINE D. HATCH married (1) ZEBULON WAITE or WHITE, (2) RUFUS HATCH Jr., her cousin
23 ii LUCAS HATCH married SARAH WILLIAMS
24 iii CAROLINE CHALKER HATCH married HENRY S. HATCH, son of SYLVANUS & EUNICE HATCH.
25 iv LUCY HATCH
26 v HARRIET FRANCES HATCH
27 vi CORNELIA HATCH
28 vii SAMUEL C. HATCH married FRANCES ANN IVES, daughter of JUSTUS & DEBRA CONGDON
6. JACOB HATCH (son of JOHN & ELIZABETH (WALDEN) HATCH) was born about 22 Apr 1786 in Vermont or New York All of their children were probably born in the Town of LeRay, Jefferson County. John and Elizabeth were in LeRay around 1810 and John always said he fought in the Battle of Little Sandy, Sackets Harbor in 1814. He applied for Pension Lands, but was unable to prove he had been in the Battle. He died 08 Jan 1876 in Salem, Utah
He married (1) on 18 Apr 1809 possibly probably in LeRay ELIZABETH or BETSY WILD or WILDES, daughter of THOMAS & ANNA (WILLIAMS) WILD. She was born 01 Jan 1788 in Williamsburg, Hampshire, MA. She died Oct 1847 in Iowa.
29 i ELIZA HATCH married ABRAM ALLEN
30 ii ALMIRA HATCH married ALVA NORTH
31 iii ANNIE HATCH married JAMES VAUGHN
32 iv CHARLOTTE HATCH married JONATHAN ALLEN, son of JAMES & SARAH (---) ALLEN
33 v HOSEA HATCH
34 vi POLLY HATCH married SAMUEL SWANNER, son of JOHN & ANNAH (---) SWANNER
35 vii ISAAC BURRES HATCH, Sr. married (1) MARY JANE GARLICK; (2) HANNAH GARLICK, both daughters of DAVID GASTON & ELIZABETH (BUCK) GARLICK
36 viii LAYTON JACOB HATCH married ELIZA JANE HARDY
37 ix WILLIAM HENRY HATCH married MARY JANE GARLICK, widow of his brother ISAAC
38 x LEWIS HATCH married SARAH ANN JOLLEY
9. SYLVANUS HATCH (son of JOHN & ANNIE CHALKER HATCH) was born 1792 in Vermont or New York and died Jan 1870 in the Town of Henderson.
He married (1) EUNICE (---)
39 i HENRY S. HATCH married [#24] CAROLINE CHALKER HATCH
40 ii SETH HATCH married CAROLINE L./D. JOHNSON, daughter of JONAH & JERUSHA (---) JOHNSON
41 iii JOHN HATCH married IRENE/IRENA WILLEY, daughter of ELEAZER & WEALTHY (---) WILLEY
42 iv CHARLES HATCH
43 v PALMER C. HATCH married (1) POLLY TAYLOR; (2) Mrs. DELILA M. SALES
44 vi HORATIO O. HATCH married SUBMIT CARPENTER
45* vii SYLVESTER HATCH married SARAH TOWNE
46 viii EUNICE HATCH married (---) WILLARD
47 ix JACOB HATCH married MARY MYERS
48 x JULIA HATCH married (---) CLARK
49 xi MARION HATCH He married (2) on 26 Sep 1848 in Wilna, Jefferson, New York LAURA HILL, who was born about 1816 probably in Philadelphia, Jefferson, New York and had at least two sons of her own.
Sylvanus and Laura had children, HATCH:
59 i SYLVANUS/LOWIUS HATCH
60 ii VIOLA HATCH
61 iii ANN ELIZA HATCH married BYRON JEFFERS
13. CAROLINE HATCH (daughter of JOHN & ANNIE CHALKER HATCH) was born 22 Feb 1801. She died 07 Apr 1870.
She married before 1830 JESSE STANTON who was born 11 Apr 1810 in Canada.
62 i MARY STANTON
63 ii ELIZABETH STANTON
64 iii WILLIAM H. STANTON married NANCY (---)
65 iv SILAS W. STANTON
66 v JOHN H. STANTON
67 vi JOHN H. STANTON d.y.
68 vii MILTON STANTON
70 viii ESTHER A. STANTON
71 ix JOHN H. STANTON
72 x MARY STANTON
- NOTE: Sylvester is possibly the son of William Hatch, brother to Sylvanus. There is a Sylvanus in each family. There could be two and perhaps the spouse listed here belongs to Sylvester, the son of William and not Sylvester, the son of Sylvanus.
For documentation and more information, visit my web page: http://www.enol.com/~kae For further information, contact: Kaye Hooley
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)