Location: Shasta, California, United States
Surnames/tags: Charles winnemum_wintu
Pit River Cemetery was one of many flooded when Shasta Dam was completed and Shasta Lake filled. It may have originated as the Charles family cemetery. The graves there were reinterred at Central Valley Cemetery, now in Shasta Lake, California.
The following is a list of known reinterred graves from the Pit River site - original location unknown but likely along the Pit River (now Pit River Arm of Shasta Lake)
- Barnes, Lena
- Charles, Anna Nellie, d. 7 Feb 1916
- Charles, Bessie
- Charles, infant
- Charles, George
- Charles, Hazel
- Charles, Lilly
- Charles, Ruby, b. 4 Feb 1917 d. 16 Mar 1917. Note: "twin dau of Miller"
- Charles, Pearl, b. 4 Feb 1917 d. 16 Mar 1917. Note: "twin dau of Miller"
- Detcha, Indian
- McCloud, Jack. Note: "Jun 6 1912 only date"
- Northalpotus, Chief, d. 12 Mar 1894. Note: "of Wintoon Tribe." (Most likely Norel-putis of Winnemum Wintu.)
- Silverthorn, baby