Surnames/tags: connectors unconnected
(Note: This page is a sub-page of the Connectors Chat page. For more details about what's going on here, please read the Connectors Chat page. Also, please post any messages about what's happening on this page on the Connectors Chat page.)
There are several ways to find unconnected branches to work on:
- If you click on the "Find" menu in the top right of the WikiTree screen and select "Unconnected People", you will see a list of the people on your watchlist who are not yet connected to the main tree. You can sort that list several ways, and also limit it to a particular surname. If you click on the highlighted word "total" in the first paragraph on that page, you will see a list of all unconnected profiles on WikiTree, which works the same way.
- The Let others know what locations you are working on page has lists of the next-largest unconnected branches for different countries in the world.
- The Largest Unconnected Branches page lists the largest branches on WikiTree which have not yet been connected to the main tree, sorted in descending order by size (although you can set it to sort by any of the column headers).
- The Unconnected Notables page attempts to list at least two unconnected notables for each country in the world, and for each subdivision of larger countries (states of the USA, counties of England, landes of Germany, provinces of Canada, etc.). There are also pages and categories for specific groups of unconnected notables:
- The DBE Unconnected page lists reports for different countries in the world, showing unconnected branches with at least one profile which says that the person in the profile was born or died in that country.
- If you find that the connecting profile is private, you can click on the "T" link after the profile ID to see a relative search page for that person on WikiTreePlus. Hopefully, at least some of the profiles in that branch will be open so you can work on them.
- You can also click on the "S" link after the profile ID to see a full list of all the profiles in that branch.
- If you find that a branch in that report is already connected, please send the details to Aleš so he can fix the problem.
- There are also free space profiles which different people have put up, asking for help connecting profiles. Those lists which still have people left to connect include:
- Alton Federal Military Prison, Alton, Illinois (Profiles with surnames starting from A to C are newly added and unconnected.)
- Asante's 100 Greatest African-Americans
- England's Largest Unconnected Branches
- New York City Mayors Challenge
- Nobel Physicist Connections
- Notable Ontarians
- Vital Records of the Church of England on Madeira, the Presbyterian Church on Madeira, the British Consulate on Madeira and the Funchal City Administration
- The Notable Profiles in Need of Improvement (Silver) section of the Notables List lists whether each notable's profile is connected to the main tree or not. There are similar sections in the List of Notables Born Before 1500 and List of Notables Born Before 1700 pages.
- The How to increase a country's presence on WikiTree page lists a number of "Quest for Great-Grandparents" threads. Many (but not all) of those threads include notable people from various countries who are not yet connected to the main tree.
- If you follow the connectors and unconnected tags in the G2G Forum, you should see lots of threads where people are asking for help to connect individuals or branches to the main tree. In particular, there are occasional threads asking for help in connecting people who have something in common. Threads which still have people left to connect include:
- How cold is it? Feb 13, 2022.
- Can you help connect a space traveller? (Stage 2) Jan 24, 2021.
- Can you help connect a head of government? Dec 11, 2020.
- Can you help connect a head of state? (Romania to Zimbabwe) Nov 29, 2020.
- Can you help connect a composer? Nov 24, 2020.
- Can you help connect a computer pioneer? Nov 2, 2020.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Greg Slade, Carol Keeling, Susanna Hendrina Elisa de Bruyn, and Matt Pryber. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)