While Clan Pollock is documented as an armigerous clan, the Pollock men (the specific focus being on Kit #B197146) who have tested and match several men under BY3368 appear to be a NPE line (non-paternal events/NPE is a term used in genetic genealogy to describe any event which has caused a break in the link between an hereditary surname and the Y-chromosome resulting in a son using a different surname from that of his biological father.). Additionally, Y DNA results within the Polk-Pollock-Pogue Y DNA page make clear there is more than one line of Pollock men. In this particular instance, the Pollock male who is proved to fall under BY3368 is currently categorized "Haplogroup R-M269 (R1b1a2) - Not yet assigned a lineage".
For more regarding the Pollock line of interest, see Robert Pollock, born ca. 1789.
BY3368 Home Page
- ↑ Clan Pollock, in Wikipedia; Retrieved 2 September 2020
- ↑ Polk-Pollock-Pogue Y DNA page; Retrieved 2 September 2020
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)