Surnames/tags: Pomeroy PGM DNA
The goal of this project is to work on all Pomeroy trees.
Surname Variants: A pomeroy search lists About 1715 POMEROYs. We will try to work on the following related surnames: POMERY (104) POMROY (79) PUMROY (5) POMERAY. Pomeleau, Pomerleau Are there others?
December 2018: Pomeroy (all variations) Y results, categorized into genetic clusters. This project is open to all Pomeroys who have taken the YDNA test at FTDNA AND request to join the Pomeroy project. https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/pomeroy/dna-results
Current News (July 2017) AMERICAN POMEROY HISTORIC GENEALOGICAL ASSOCIATION is making changes to their online trees. Unfortunately they say they can not preserve links to individuals. I am going to change links to references only to the root of the tree, for example,
- American Pomeroy Historic Genealogical Association family tree Eltweed Pomeroy Tree
There are many profiles that need updating. If you see any please make this change. There are four Pomeroy trees on their site.
Right now this project has members:
Immigrants UK to North America:
- Descendants of Eltweed Pomeroy (abt. 1585 - abt. 1672) England to New England (Massachusetts/Connecticut)):
- Descendants of George Pomeroy, Pennsylvania (1709 - 1776) (including the Descendants of Scotch-Irishman of the name of Thomas Pomeroy?): Ireland to Pennsylvania.
- Recent news is that some descendants of George Holmes-Pomeroy are matching Pomeroy Y-DNA instead of Holmes DNA. Alma (Pomeroy) LaFrance is working on this. If you want to help, give her a shout.
- Descendants of John Henry Pomeroy (1838 - 1895) Ireland to Georgia:
- Descendants of Richard Pomeroy (1770 - 1834) Ireland to Virginia
Immigrants UK to Australia:
- Descendants of Catherine Ann Pomeroy (abt. 1805 - 1840) Cornwall, England to Adelaide South Australia Australia
Immigrants Germany to North America:
- Descendants of John Pomeroy (1854) Germany to New York
- Descendants of Alexis Vachon dit Pomeleau (1766 - 1824) St. Josephs De Beauce, Quebec, Canada:
- Marty Franke descendent of Alexis Vachon dit Pomeleau
- Descendants of Richard Pomeroy of Isles of Shoals (abt. 1670 - bef. 1725) Isles of Shoals, York, Maine:
- Descendants of William Pomeroy (abt. 1800) St. Johns Newfoundland, Canada:
- Descendents of John Sullivan Pomeroy (abt. 1780) Neversink, Sullivan, New York:
- Descendants of Richard (Pomeroy) Pomery (abt. 1527 - abt. 1591) in Bodmin, Cornwall, , England:
- Carole (Chittem) Johnson: Researching for her grandchildren.
- Descendants of John Pomeroy Born about 1665 in Holsworthy, Devon, England:
- Descendants of Radulphus (Pomeroy) de Pomeroy (abt. 1045 - bef. 1100) Calvados, Normandie, France (the goal of many Pomeroy researchers)
The Pomeroy that came over with William the Conquerer took a castle and made it Pomeroy Castle. They were in both France and England. Only one group of Pomeroys in England and Ireland are considered related to those Pomeroys. There was Y-DNA work done to group Pomeroys.
Here are some of the tasks that I think need to be done. I'll be working on them, and could use your help.
- Find Pomeroys with DNA tests and use GEDmatch or other sites to triangulate to confirm lines
Pomeroy DNA Add DNA Circles from Ancestry for Pomeroys
- Discuss Pomeroy related issues
- Enhance source material references and work with other Pomeroy groups Pomeroy Name Study Resources page
- Work on resolving Pomeroy Database errors
- Connect unconnected Pomeroys - dead-ends and unconnected Pomeroys have been added to the Pomeroy Name study
- Merge duplicate Pomeroys
- Source unsourced Pomeroys
- Protect profiles as needed, two Richard Pomeroy profiles have been protected since they are often confused.