Location: World wide
Surnames/tags: dutch_roots german_roots
||Portal World-The Netherlands-Germany||
Our Goal is to create a Portal or place for members from all over the World with 'Dutch Roots', or without the 'Roots' but interested in the Netherlands-Germany connection, where they can find everything that's helpful or interesting.
The Netherlands and Germany have many things in common. They share a border, the German and Dutch languages both come from low german.
An important factor in Dutch-German relations is the fact that William the Silent, Prince of Orange – leader of the Dutch Revolt and Vader des Vaderland of the Netherlands – belonged to the German House of Nassau. 
Immigration and Emigration
Around 164,000 Dutch people currently reside in Germany.
Grafschaft Bentheim Sources
- Landkreis Grafschaft Bentheim (Re)sources: "Nestled into a corner of the provinces of Overijssel and Drenthe in the Netherlands, historically Grafschaft Bentheim shares more with Dutch culture than German. Many people who lived here are listed at the following site:
- the Grafschaft Bentheim one place Study " (to add people to this one place study, so if you have ancestors that were born or living in Bentheim, you can just add:
[[Category: Grafschaft Bentheim (Kreis), One Place Study]] this category at the top of their profiles.
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors. (2019, March 13). Germany–Netherlands relations. In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 15:17, March 18, 2019, from https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Germany%E2%80%93Netherlands_relations&oldid=887519382
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Dutch Roots Project WikiTree, Kylie Haese, Astrid Spaargaren, Melissa McKay, and Germany Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)