Pre-1500 badge certification request for Russ Gunther (Gunther-113)
I have gained experience providing sources, adding documentation, website links (including FindAGrave.com, FamilySearch.org source links/family trees/profiles, & Wikipedia), category links, project templates, cleaning up merged profiles, and editing early profiles. I've also customized many veterans' profiles (recent veterans, as well as many from WWI, WWII, the Civil War, and the Revolutionary War). I've also recruited many new WitiTree-ers to our website, including many cousins and friends, after helping them with their own family trees.
In April, I participated in the 2017 Spring Clean-A-Thon and learned about running and utilizing WikiTree's database error reports for my own tree as well as for the entire website generally.
- ✓Confirmed account more than one month ago. (Confirmed 5 Jan 2014.)
- ✓Signed our community's Honor Code. (Done Jan 2014.)
- ✓200 or more non-GEDCOM contributions. (Total of 6441 & 144 thank-yous received.)
- ✓Two or more postings in G2G. (Total of 3,900 points (ranked #748), 11 questions, 8 answers, 28 comments, given 165 votes, & received 56 votes.)
- ✓Participation in a WikiTree Project. (Volga German project, please see below.)
- ✓Pre-1700 Self-Certification. (Completed 29 Jan 2016.)
Information on my project participation:
I've been serving as the Project Coordinator for the Volga German Project, sub-project of the German Roots Project. Please see our project free-space page, which if you review the page history, I have much further advanced, developed, and brought the page to its present day presentation. I have created links to many of the colony village town free-space pages (some existing which I further built upon, many I created), as well as links to their corresponding Category free-space pages which list the resident profiles of the colony villages (of course still a work-in-progress for the nearly 200 colony villages). I've added helpful links to many Facebook groups and pages. I've also posted many links and recommendations on Facebook for people to come utilize WikiTree's family tree, research, and community G2G resources.
Project Leaders to confirm my participation as an advanced wiki genealogist:
- Jacqueline "Jacky" Clark, Leader of the German Roots project, and awarded me the Super Star "For all your work on the Volga Germans and throughout WikiTree. You are an asset to WikiTree and The German Roots Project."
- Alison Andrus, Leader of the Westward Ho project, awarded me the Family Star "You have done such a wonderful job adding your family tree! Great sources and biographies."
- Shirley (Strutton) Dalton, Leader, awarded me the Generous Genealogist Red Star "Thank you, Russ, for your generous help with sourcing and improving the profiles of family Luttrell/Luttrull/Littrell. Much appreciated."
- Maggie N., Leader, awarded me the Generous Genealogist Green Star "Thanks, Russ, for all the sources and improvements you do on WikiTree profiles (-: Your work is MUCH appreciated."
Pre-1700 profiles I have created as a practical demonstration of my knowledge of sources and WikiTree style:
- John Wotton II (1405-)
- John Wotton I (ca.1357-1408)
(After creating these profiles, while searching to see if there was an existing profile for sister & daughter Alice (Wotton) Chichester (1402-bef.1437), I discovered her existing profile Wotton-56 is linked to a father, existing profile of John Wotton (bef.1374-1408), although no suggested exisiting profiles popped up for review when I was originally entering data to establish his profile as father of Wotton-366. So I will of course next initiate a merge of the 2 profiles of John Wotton I, after you have had the opportunity to review my created profiles.)
I prefer using family trees as a hint and then verifying the information with reputable sources including British History Online and the National Archives, as well as Complete Peerage and Visitations. I do plan to review about using references to best be able to document/accredit sources within the biography.
I plan to use the badge primarily to help with basic editing, categorization, project templates, images, and to assist non-qualified WikiTree volunteers with their requested basic edits to Pre-1500 profiles. I understand and respect sourcing, documenting, and collaborating especially in high-conflict areas.
Thank you all, for all you do to make this the best Family Tree site & resource in the world. I'm proud to be a small part and thankful I am able to contribute as well.
- Russ Gunther
- Volga German project coordinator volunteer
- Phoenix, Arizona
- follow-up at e-mail email@example.com
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)