Location: Williamsburg, Virginia
Colonial Lot 51 Block 17
The lot designated on late eighteenth century plats of the city as "Lot 51" and also "M. Anderson" was originally parceled 14 March 1712 to John Brooke who had 2 years to make improvements. The current house now known as the "Prentis House" stands on the north side of Duke of Gloucester Street in Williamsburg near Raleigh Taven.
- John Brooke
- William Prentis & Mary Prentis
- John Prentis
- Daniel Prentis
- Matthew Anderson
- Rachel Anderson & Sarah (Sally) Anderson
- Robert Anderson
- H.L. Hundley & W. Lane
- Standard Oil Company of New Jersey
- Williamsburg Restoration
Please read Colonial Williamsburg Digital Library Bullock, Helen Duprey. A History of the Prentis House, Colonial Lot #51, Block #17, Site #11 / by Mary A. Stephenson. 1938. Print. Colonial Williamsburg Foundation Library Research Report Ser. ; RR-1366.; a detailed history of the lot, its improvements and ownership .
- Wikipedia: Colonial WIlliamsburg
- Colonial Williamsburg Research & Education
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Ronald Prentice and Virginia Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)