Presbyterian_High_School.jpg

Presbyterian High School

Privacy Level: Open (White)
Date: 1902 to 1912
Location: Florence, South Carolina, United Statesmap
This page has been accessed 26 times.

"Presbyterian High School was organized in 1903 by Hopewell Presbyterian Church through the cooperation of the Pee Dee Presbytery. Built in the city of Florence on a grant of land from J. W. McCown and John L. Barringer, the school had Professor George Briggs as its head until 1912." (Hopewell Church Bicentennial Set. Florence Morning News, 27 September 1970, page 9. Newspapers.com )

Presbyterian High School closed in 1912 when the state opened a public high school in Florence. (Florence Morning News, 2 October 1957, page 4. newspapers.com)





Collaboration
  • Login to edit this profile and add images.
  • Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
  • Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)


Comments

Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.