Location: Bibb, Alabama, United States
See profiles using this source.
Bibb County, Alabama
|Minute Book "L"||1872-1881||P. 68-71, 76 & 77|
|Administrative Record "J"||1865-1876||pp. 521-526 [inventory and list of heirs on last 2 pages. Pages 525 & 26 printed below]|
|Probate Court Minutes||1863-1864||P. 80, 85, 93, 94, and 108|
|Minute Book "I"||1864-1869||p. 11, 15, 21, 22, 32, 33, 121, 708, 709, 712, 713|
|Minute Book "L"||1872-1881||p. 1, 2, 56, 7, 8, and 137|
|Administrative Account "I" 1858||1858-1865||p. 661, 735-736|
|Probate Minute Book "K"||1869-1872||p. 320, 323, 330-331|
The State of Alabama, Bibb County
Personally appear before me Jackson Gardner, Judge of Probate within & for said county Jno R Fulgham & Michael Fulgham who being by me duly sworn say on oath that the above and forgoing account is correct & true & that they have not used the money of said estate for their own use or benefits, and that the following is a correct list of the heirs of the Estate of John Smitherman deceased to wit:
- Martha Smitherman widow of said decease of full age & a resident of Bibb County, Ala.
- Sarah Fulgham daughter of said deceased & wife of Jno R. Fulgham, both of full age, both residents of Bibb County, Ala.
- The children of Garry Smitherman deceased who was a son of said Jno Smitherman deceased to wit: Sarah Smitherman of full age, James Smitherman of full age, Josiah M Smitherman a minor, Mary F Smitherman a minor, Geo W Smitherman a minor, Richard Smitherman a minor, Susan A Smitherman a minor, & Hettie Ann Elizabeth Smitherman a minor, and all residents of Texas.
- The children of James Smitherman deceased who was a son of said John Smitherman Deceased to wit: Martha Smelley wife of John Smelly both of full age, Priscilla Taylor wife of James Taylor both of full age, John Smitherman of full age, Andrew Smitherman a minor, Eliza Ann Smitherman a minor, Robert G Smitherman a minor, Wilson H Smitherman a minor, Reuben H. Smitherman a minor, Rachel C Smitherman a minor, Margaret Smitherman a minor & all residents of Bibb County, Ala.
- The children of Jno W Smitherman deceased who was a son of said John Smitherman deceased to wit: Jordan Smitherman of full age, Lavina Smitherman a minor, Perenecy P Smitherman a minor, Martha J. Smitherman a minor, Lafayette Smitherman a minor, & Nancy Smitherman a minor & all resident of the State of Texas.
- The children of Andrew J Smitherman deceased who was a son of said John Smitherman deceased to wit: Sarah Ann Smitherman & Mary M Smitherman both minors & both residents of the State of Louisiana.
- Nancy Smelly a daughter of said John Smitherman deceased, wife of William Smelly both of full age & both residents of the State of Texas.
- Margaret Fulgham a daughter of said John Smitherman deceased & wife of Michael Fulgham both of full age & both residents of the State of Texas.
Sworn to & subscribed this 13th day of March 1869
Jackson Gardner, Judge of Probate
Originally posted and Transcribed by Margie Smitherman. Link to Original Post.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)