NOTE: Please do not do any work on any profiles that display the Hold Request Box. It appears something like this (though it may display any Project Name):
Welcome to the Profile Improvement Project (PIP) Biography Teams
- Mission: The team will be improving biographies to a specific standard using a three level rubric.
- Biography Team - These profiles will be chosen by PIP members from their own Watchlist (and whatever else you find) and will be worked to at least the specifications of Level 1 of the Profile Standards. The goal is to improve these profiles to the highest level that can be achieved.
- Abandoned Team - The Closed Account Profiles will be those left behind when members have closed their accounts. The number of profiles for the former members will typically be less than 100. They will also be those Person Profiles that have been identified as needing help by being included in the Project maintenance categories. They will be worked, on the team member's schedule and without deadlines, following the guidelines for these profiles to Level 2 of the Profile Standards. If they can be taken to a Level 3, that would be even better. See the Abandoned Team page for further instructions.
- Popular Team - These profiles will be worked on, without deadlines and on the team member's schedule, by those PIP members who have completed the Voyage, as the goal will be to create basic Voyage level biographies for profiles that draw the most visitors to WikiTree. The biographies for any nuclear family member of these profiles will also be built to the same level. See the Popular Team page for further instructions.
- As Popular profiles often attract people who are not WikiTree members, we want them to be as complete as possible and to make a good impression.
(rev. 30 Jan 2024)
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Kay Knight, Robin Shaules, and Debi Hoag. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)