The g2g post is present on g2g for US Southern Colonies
1) When a person posts an ANSWER to the post a link comes through for sure to me, and the leaders. I do not think anyone else sees it..
2) Occasionally a person gets lost and posts a message somewhere else, then I redirect them to the g2g post to ANSWER.
3) Go to g2g, find the most recent answer. (Currently we are on page7) Check to see if they have the minimum of 100 contributions and the Pre-1700 badge.
4) Post a comment on g2g to their answer to "watch for the private WikiTree email coming their way with what to do next. If they have less than 100 contributions, post a comment saying to check back again after they have over 100 contributions.
5) Post on the Google doc Pending page their link, date message sent and what you can discern about what they are interested in. THIS is the message I send: IT is also located on the Google doc Boilerplate page https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DvatjLg-Q96WXQIDSgPLtT7xWxo8GOxuQ4L3Wthd__0/edit#gid=20000788
Message to use: (You will have to change the signature area...)
- It is important that you reply to this email so that I will receive your email address. I use this to add you to the teams and Google group.
- We are excited to have you join the Project:
- Please review this TEAM page list to select the team (s) you prefer to be working with.
- Reply to my email address address at the top of this WikiTree email with your preferred TEAM (s). I will need your email address which is recognizable on WikiTree, as i use your email address to add you to the teams and the Google Group.
- Many thanks,
- Mary~ Project Coordinator, Membership, US Southern Colonies
6) If you go to their page, post the above on a private Wikitree message. It will go to them, but will have YOUR email for their reply.
7) When they reply, you will have their email address, which is what is needed to add them to the Google Discussion Group, and to the various Team space pages . They are supposed to tell us which team (s) they want to participate.
8) copy that email onto your mouse
9) Paste their email to the Pending page, (which is kind of a working page) and the Team(s) they want to work on.
10) Pull up the Team Space page. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Space:US_Southern_Colonies_Teams
11) Select the team the person has said they want to participate.
12) Add email address to that Team space page.. Click the Green button there to update privacy.
13) Go to the Google Discussion and add the email address to Google discussion.. then Click "Add new member"
14) Go to new prospective member page, and copy their wikiTree number so you can post this on the Team page under a list of members. with an Asterisk... It should come out after you save something like
Be sure to <SAVE>
15) To update the Google Document. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DvatjLg-Q96WXQIDSgPLtT7xWxo8GOxuQ4L3Wthd__0/edit#gid=0
16) Go to the Members page of the Google Document. Find the Alphabetical spot to add their name. You have the link already on the Pending page and you previously posted their email address and desired team (s). Use that info to add the new member to the Members page.
17) NOTE Once that google doc is edited with new info, it saves itself..
18 Post an email to the leaders for the badge. If a leader is doing this they can add the badge at any time.
19) Send the new member the links to the Google discussion group, and the Team pages, with their Team leader specified....
20) *The Google doc is rather finicky, and sometimes I find things have jumped around, so I have to clean it up.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)