User Guide - Managed Profiles Spreadsheet - Research Team
Version 1 - May 18, 2021
Purpose of spreadsheet
This spreadsheet is being used to track and improve PGM Managed Profiles, with deficiencies in any of several areas, and includes only 5 Star, PGM-managed profiles, which require work by the Research team. It also shows if there are additional "needs" categories that should be addressed at the time of improving the profile. The profiles in this spreadsheet all have needs in the areas of Biography Development, Research, and/or Relationships Review, which correspond to theses columns in the spreadsheet:
- Needs Biog.
- Needs Research
- Needs Relation. Review
Once all deficiencies for a profile are resolved, note on the spreadsheet that your development is complete.
PGM member access to spreadsheet
The spreadsheet, which is in GoogleSheets, can be accessed via GoogleDrive and edited by team members once they have received a link from the project coordinator or leader.
You will update the spreadsheet twice for each profile. Once, when you take responsibility for it, and secondly, when you complete the work on it.
Taking responsibility for a profile
- Open the spreadsheet.
- Look for a profile(s) that you will take responsibility for development.
- Enter your WikiTree ID in the Team Member column.
- Enter the date you have taken responsibility for the profile in the Responsibility Date field.
- Exit the spreadsheet.
Improving a profile
For the profile(s) you have chosen, focus your work on the deficiencies identified. They are listed at the very top of the profile with their applicable categories.
Next, comprehensively develop and/or improve the project-managed profile through researching, writing and documenting information about the person, to include relevant sources in support of the information within the biography.
Although the Profile Improvement Team (PIT) may possibly work on the categories shown in the information column of the spreadsheet, if these deficiencies have not been resolved, also clear them.
Finalizing Profile Development
- Once you have completed all updates to the profile, be sure to remove the PGM Maintenance Category(ies) at the top of the Biography section.
- Preview the changes to ensure everything looks good
- Save the changes.
Reporting completion activity
Once you have completed all updates to the profile, again open the same GoogleSheets spreadsheet. Add the date you completed the changes in the Completion Date field.
Questions / problems
(This page was last edited 15 May 2021.)
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)