Quality Markers Guidelines
An Initiative of the Profile Improvement Project
- Marker Purpose:
- Encourage members to achieve the best quality marker/grade for the profiles they develop.
- Provide a structured system for assessing/monitoring quality which informs profile improvement initiatives.
- For assessors: It is not necessary to check all sources one by one, only a source sampling, if possible.
|Unsourced||Contains no source||
||An 'Unsourced' marker is currently automatically applied.|
|Starter||Startup Standard: One Lesser Quality, Secondary, or Non-primary Source(s).||Source shows a reasonable connection but lacks details.
||Achieves minimum sourcing requirement, i.e. "A source is the identification of where you obtained information."(Sources).|
|1-Star Basic||Essential Standard: One Good Primary Source||
Meets minimum requirements for Biography structure. See Biographies.
|Genealogy recorded is probably reliable but there are definite limitations in the evidence available.|
|2-Star Good||Silver Standard: Two or More Quality Sources||
Biographical Content: follows Styles and Standards Guidelines.
|Genealogy recorded is probably reliable but it is understood there may be limitations in the evidence available.|
|3-Star High-Quality||Gold Standard: Several High-Quality Sources|| Biographical Content: follows Styles and Standards Guidelines.
||Genealogy recorded is highly likely to be reliable.|
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)