Devlin - Cross/Cain
R-BY13681 is the first major branch of the Ó Doibhilín (Devlin) line. An estimated date for this brake is about 600ad and about the time of Áed Uaridnach mac Domnaill (abt.0530-0607) High King of Ireland. This break is well before Dobhailen mac Donnghal (abt.1000-abt.1060) the progenitor of Ó Devlin clann. Therefore, it is unlikely that you will find any Devlins in your male line. Some of the surnames associated with this branch are Cross, Cain, and Evans.
- R-BY11432 Cross/ Devlin c.250 possibly Muirchertach mac Muiredaig (abt.0455-abt.0534)
- Mac Lochlainn (McLaughlin)
- Mac Bearáin (Barron)
- Mac Seáin (McShane or Johnson)
- Mac Suibhne (MacSWEENEYMacSWYN, SWAIN, SWINE)
- Ó Doibhlín (DEVLIN Swordbearer to O'Neill)
- Mac Giolla Easbaig (GILLESPIE, MacANASPIE, BISHOP)
- Mac Íomhair (MacIVER, MacKEEVER, MacURE, ORR)
- Mac Ladhmainn (MacCLEMENT, LAMOND, LYMON, MACLAMONT or CLEMENTS)
- Mac Conmidhe (MacNAMEE, MacCONAMY, MacMEADH, MEE)
- Mac Néill (Mac Niall)
- Mac Eoghain (MacKEAN, MacKEON),
Will you join me? Please post a comment here on this page, or send me a private message. Thanks!