Surnames/tags: Radecki Radeski Radetzy
Welcome to the Radecki/Radeski/Radetzky Name Study Project!
How to Join
Please contact the project leader Alan Radecki or leave a comment at the foot of the page. If you have any questions, just ask. Thanks!
This is a One Name Study to collect together in one place everything about one surname and the variants of that name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join our study to help make it a valuable reference point for people studying lines that cross or intersect.
- Clean up existing Radecki/Radeski/Radetzky profiles that have been imported via Gedcoms, and add sources where possible.
- Comb through the Find a Grave database and add everyone with these last names. I've started, but with 455 Radeckis (not to mention the other spellings), this presents a daunting task, and I'd love the help anyone might offer.
These variations have been found while researching this One Name Study:
A Migrational and Family Origins Study
As more and more names are being added to the Radecki Name Study, it's becoming clear that there are clusters of families scattered outside of Poland, where the name originated. Here's a list of locations of multiple generations of Radecki families, and the name and date of the immigrant who seems to have started each cluster.
|Cluster Location||Name of immigrant||Date of arrival|
|Sydney, NSW, Australia||Paul Radecki||1882|
|Stoughton, WI||Joseph Radecki||Bet 1902 & 1911|
|South Bend, IN||Joseph Radecki||July, 1912|
|Allegheny Co. PA||Jan Radecki, Sr.||Unknown|
|St. Paul, MN||Walter Radecki?||Unknown|
|Syracuse, NY||Adam Radecki?||Unknown|
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Name Studies WikiTree and Alan Radecki. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)