About the Project
The Rainsford Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Rainsford name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Rainsford name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Rainsfords), by time period (18th Century Rainsfords), or by topic (Rainsford DNA, Rainsford Occupations, Rainsford Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
How to Join
To join the Rainsford Name Study, first start out by browsing our current research pages to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
Use this sticker if you are placing it on the profile of a living person. Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
Please use this sticker if you wish to add your deceased family tree profiles to the One Name Study:
Here are some of the current research pages included in the study. I'll be working on them, and could use your help!
- Rainsfords in the United Kingdom
- Rainsfords in the United States of America & Canada
- Rainsfords in South Africa & Zimbabwe
- Rainsfords in Australia and New Zealand
- The character, Sanger Rainsford - in Robert Connell's - The Dangerous Game.
- Military Rainsfords
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Patricia Gray and One Name Studies WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)