Location: Red Cliff, Eagle, Colorado, United States
Surnames/tags: colorado colorado_history
The first Red Cliff Schoolhouse was built in 1886, according to the Eagle County Historical Society.
In the above image are the teacher and students circa 1900. The caption below was supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.
Teacher: Miss Irene Willits (later Mrs. Randall). She was the teacher about 1900. Students (38) are arranged on school steps in 4 tiers with the teacher seated in the middle of the top tier.
- Top row, from left: Jim Tague, Harvey Collins, Stewart Collins, Sue Bowland, Irene Willits, Edna Collard, Artemis Dumant, Nell Walsh, Ollie Graham.
- Third row, from left: Blanche Gay, Elmer States, Alvin Mallory, Robert Collins, Katy McLeod, Florence Bowland, Doris McMillan, Bernarda Tague, Mabel Gladwin.
- Second row, from left: Gene Dumont, Ed Bowland, Alice Hunter, Ivy Mallory, Hannah McLeod, Bernice Fleming, Lillian States, George DaLee, Harry Nims, Harold Tague, Tom Collins, Arthur Gay.
- Front row, from left: Ethel Boies, Josephine Dumont, Esther Heyduk, Anna Summ, Edna Fleming, Lyons, Lyons, Roberta Hunter, Prudence Richards.
- ↑ Eagle County Historical Society, "First Red Cliff Schoolhouse," Eagle Valley Library District
- ↑ Eagle County Historical Society, "One Room School Building," Eagle Valley Library District