Surnames/tags: Reed Reid
About the Project
The Reed Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Reed name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Reed name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Reeds), by time period (18th Century Reeds), or by topic (Reed DNA, Reed Occupations, Reed Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
How to Join
To join the Reed Name Study, first start out by browsing our current research pages to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
Here are some of the current research pages included in the study. I'll be working on them, and could use your help!
- Billie Keaffaber
- Larry Keaffaber
- Joelle Colville-Hanson
- Katherine C. Watt
- Christine J. Searle
- William W. Reid Sr
- Mr Dail D. Reed Jr
- Barbara M. Reed
- Auriette A. Lindsey
- Laurie Giffin
- John Freeman
- Pare Chase
- Yvonne D. Butler
- Fiona P. Lee
- Keith D. Cook
- Leslie J. Cooper
- Noah M. Doolan
- Nicky Cunningham
- Emm Churchman
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
Categories So Far
- Category: Reed Name Study
- Category: United States, Reed Name Study
- Category: England, Reed Name Study
- Category: Ireland, Reed Name Study
- Category: Reid Name Study
- Category: United States, Reid Name Study
- Category: Scotland, Reid Name Study
- Category: Germany, Reid Name Study
- Category: England, Reid Name Study
- Category: Canada, Reid Name Study
If you want to add additional categories, there are instructions here:
There is a learning curve and it can be confusing so if you like, just comment on the profile of Joelle with the profile and what category you'd like for it and I'll set it up.
The goal of this project is to ... study migrations, compile family lines, help others with lines.
Here are some of the tasks that I think need to be done. I'll be working on them, and could use your help.
- Updating profiles
- Adding tags
- Helping with Name Study
- Taking over non managed profiles
Here Tag to group to put on profiles
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Joelle Colville-Hanson, Billie Keaffaber, One Name Studies WikiTree, and Larry Keaffaber. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)