Registers of Births, Marriages and Deaths by Rev. John Cameron
- Edited by: Bell, Landon Covington
- Title: Cumberland Parish Lunenburg County, Virginia 1746-1816. Vestry Book 1746-1816
- published by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. Baltimore: 1974. pp. 299-320
Rev. John Cameron was an Episcopal minister.
Mr. Bell gives no explanation for the quotation marks used throughout the marriage record. The dashes and blank columns appear in the original text. The 'L' column heading appears to be an abbreviation for Pounds.
The marriages were celebrated in eleven counties — all Southside Counties — and in Petersburg. One hundred and fifty-six of them took place in Prince George County; seventy-three in Petersburg; fifty-seven in Lunenburg; fifty in Chesterfield; thirty-nine in Dinwiddie; thirty-eight in Sussex; twenty-five in Nottoway; while a very few occured in Surry, Brunswick, Prince Edward and Amelia.
- Citation Example:
- <span id='CameronBell'></span>Bell, Landon Covington, ''[[Space:Registers of Births, Marriages and Deaths by Rev. John Cameron | Registers of Births, Marriages and Deaths by Rev. John Cameron]]'' (Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., Baltimore, Maryland, 1974)
- Inline Citation Example:
- <ref>[[#CameronBell|CameronBell]]: Page 123 </ref>
Available online at these locations: