Tony Sejda is listed in the 1920 US Census in Leon Sejda's household. According to family, Tony's father in Leon's brother (even though the census calls him a step-brother). There is also a death record that appears to be the same person. He may also appear in the 1926 Hammond Directory as Anton Sejda.
- Tony's Death certificate reports his parents as Andrew Sejda and Mary Kozecka.
- There is a birth record for a Antoni Sejda whose parents are Alexander Sejda and Mary Kozecka born at about the right time.
- The marriage record for Alexander Sejda and Mary Kozecka says Alexander's parents are Marcin Sejda and Lowyza Szydlik.
- Marcin Sejda and Lowyza Szydlik are Leon Sejda's parents
- Therefore, Leon Sejda is Tony's Uncle
- Although Henry Sejda's daughter's called him "Uncle Tony," they were, in fact, first cousins once removed.
|24 Jan 2021||Analyzing Evidence for Anthony Seyda|
|Added profile for Anthony Seyda (1895-1970)|
|Created Research Summary for Anthony Seyda to track evidence analysis|
|Added profile for Mary (Kosakowski) Seyda (-aft.1970) (wife)|
|Added profile for Andrew Sejda (bef.1880-) (father)|
|Added profile for Mary Kozicka (bef.1875-) (mother)|
|Noted there is a tree on Ancestry with Anthony but no parents.|
|This is a ship record for Anthony and his wife, Mary. It is NOT immigration. Looks like it could be a honeymoon? Actually I think they are returning from their wedding!|
|World War II draft card that gives a birthplace.|
|Naturalization index card -- actual record may have parents. Here is another card|
|Here is the application for his veteran's gravestone that gives service info.|
|World War I Service card Will have to go to FHL to see image|
|Holy Cross Cemetery Intermnet card forAnthony and Mary|
|On Fold3, found his outbound record for World War I which lists Leon Sejda (1870-1935) as his POC. His return record lists Leon as his brother|
|Located some interesting records in Genetika index. Should post this one in the translations site.|
|Broadened search and may have found the father Alexander Sejda. Image clearly shows Marcin Sejda (abt.1827-).|
|This index appears to have the marriage of his parents. This is the image|
|Index of records of children of Alexander Sejda and Marianna Kozicka I believe this is Tony's parents.|
|This is the record of Antoni and Marianna's marriage -- they married in Poland?|
|Perhaps his mother was a first wife. See the Antoni birth in this index|
|Uploaded the Jozef Sejda birth record to the Genealogical Translations site to see if the date matches.|
|25 Jan 2021||Translation available on Facebook. It does not look like this is Tony. Moving on to the Antoni record.|
|Looked at this index including an Antoni Sejda born in 1892. Looked at the the image and you can see it is clearly mis-indexed and that the mother and father is the expected Alexander Sejda and Marianna Kozicka. Uploading to Facebook for translation.|
|27 Jan 2021||Translation indicates this is the right Antoni, i.e., Tony. Let's find Alexander's birth or marriage record.|
Requested translation of Alexander's marriage record. Here is the index and the Image.
|29 Jan 2021||
Translation shows that Tony's father Alexander is in fact the child of the same couple who are the parents of Leon Sejda, solving the mystery.
I think this is the link.
Alexander Sejda (b1868) and Leon Sejda (1870-1935) are brothers. Alexander married Marianna Kozicka in 1892. There is only one son in 1895 -- Joseph?
|Look for obituary||Closed||Searched google for "tony sejda obituary 1970", "tony seyda obituary 1970", and anthony seyda obituary 1970 -- no results
Searched on Ancestry -- led to Newspapers.com clipping
|Look for marriage||Open||This is the record of Antoni and Marianna's marriage -- they married in Poland?|
|Holy Cross Cemetery Index Search||Closed||Located Holy Cross Cemetery Internment card forAnthony and Mary|
|Find a Grave||Closed||Located Mary's. Had to create Anthony's. Requested photos for both.|
|Look for immigration record||Open||1920 census says he immigrated in 1912.|
Status = Open/Closed/In-Work
|Daughter Irene's birth certificate|
|Son John's birth certificate|
- ↑ Indiana, Death Certificates, 1899-2011, 1970 roll 4, image 1272, Anthony Seyda, 14 March 1970; digital images, Ancestry.com Operations, Inc, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : downloaded 26 December 2020); Indiana Archives and Records Administration; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Death Certificates.
- ↑ ”U.S., City Directories, 1822-1995,” Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : downloaded 12 December 2020), image, “Entry for Leon Sejda,” p. 391; Polk’s Hammond (Indiana), Calumet City and Burnham (Illinois) City Directory 1926.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)