|Rice Mercantile c.1907
- C.1883 Hotel in Pratt Junction was Built
- March 1892 Hotel burned with the Mailander Hotel in March 1892. It was rebuilt and run until 1903 when the depot was moved to Pelican Lake.
- John Rice Moved his business to Pelican Lake.
- By 1907 the Rice Mercantile was run out of a small building between the Hotel and the Miner Home. Later this building was run as a gas station by Connie Herman until the mid 1950's.
- 1914 John turned his Pelican Mercantile business over to his sons, John J., and Dennis E.
- The Mercantile business was moved into a larger building next to the Post Office.
- In 1922 Richard Porten and his wife Viola Rice established the R. H. Porten Mercantile Co.
- By the mid 1950's all that was left was a foundation.
|Rice's Store Pelican Lake C.1920
This project is a collaborative work-in-progress. Can you contribute information or sources?
Right now this project just has one member, me. I am Richard Devlin.