Rigdon Mill History Page1

Privacy Level: Open (White)
Date: 1 Jul 1805 [unknown]
Location: Ste. Genevieve, Missouri, United Statesmap
Surnames/tags: Rigdon Ste Genevieve county
This page has been accessed 56 times.

History of Rigdon Mill, River Aux Vases Creek:

Abijah Rigdon bought 228.5 acres for $1,000 on 1 Jul 1805 on River Aux Vases Creek. (Ste Genevieve County Deeds, Vol. 1, p. 35). Abijah and his brother James Rigdon were millers from Maryland. They completed building the mill shortly before Abijah died in 1812. James ran the mill after Abijah died. James married Theotiste/Julia Griffard in 1815. Shortly after the birth of their second child, James A. Rigdon, James Rigdon Sr. died. Peter Dauget was appointed guardian of James Rigdon Jr. in 1823, Peter would marry Theotiste/Julia Griffard Rigdon in 1826. The Rigdon mill passed through several owners after James Rigdon Sr. died. James Jr.'s sons, Peter and Felix, would ultimately own the mill from 1883 to 1915.

These profiles are possibly related to the persons mentioned in the History of Rigdon Mill:

  1. Vital Beauvais
  2. Vital Beauvais
  3. Thomas Horine and his wife Elizabeth
  4. Frank Ignatius Roth might be the father of the person mentioned
  5. Henry Sexauer

  • Login to edit this profile and add images.
  • Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
  • Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)

Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.