Date: [unknown] [unknown]
Profile manager: Anne B [send private message]
This page has been accessed 231 times.
Items on Dunkineely, Ireland, and nearby places and general information on the Rowans.
- Bishop, Anne Selene Rowan. Our Rowan-Nolan Ancestors (Scotch Plains, NJ: Self, 2000). Seventy-two page family history booklet, containing background history and information on the Rowans and Nolans, family stories and traditions, and genealogies of the two families. The booklet itself is short of citations, but the family facts listed within were backed by adequate sources, etc. found in the family file.
- Oral Family History. The Rowan Family were a wealth of stories and tales and family history. It is not until the generation of my parents that these were written down, but different branches of the family told the same stories, indicating one common source. Joseph D. Rowan, "Papa" Rowan, to his grandchildren, an emigrant from Ireland, brought the family history with him from Ireland. He probably knew his grandparents the first Thomas and Mary Tracy. Much of the oral history has been verified using primary sources, which speaks, also, for the accuracy of those items we can't verify, because of lack of records. Several of "Papa" Rowan's 19 grandchildren were old enough to remember him and his stories well when he died in 1935.
- Parish Registers now online for Killaghtee http://registers.nli.ie/parishes/1007 There is a gap in the parish records kept in Killaghtee that would include the marriage of Thomas and the baptisms of his first couple of children.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.