The goal of this study is to identify the parents of Rowland Johnson.
Other members are welcome to add supporting DNA information.
- Still in Process of Building both Ancestry.com© and GEDMatches.
- The direct descendant(s) of Rowland match wikitree member A314784 , and have a documented path-line. The descendants are siblings.
- We welcome future participants that are direct descendants of either Rowland Johnson or Ashley Johnson with proven documented trees !
|(Updated 6-15-19) CHR 22 Match: Drusilla Tebbs - daughter of Ashley Johnson Sr. |
Kit A314784 : Matched to Kit(s) A033102, and A750686 of Mary Morkins sharing 5.5 Cms  with greatest total length at 6.0 cms within CHR 22 in GEDmatch with the MRCA at 7.7. When matching, the min threshold was set to 5. Ashley Johnson Sr. is the:
|(Updated 6-16-19) CHR 22 Match: John Johnson - son of Ashley Johnson Sr. |
Kit A314784 : Matched to A618433 of Gloria Woodward, and A750686 of Mary Morkins sharing 5.5 Cms  with greatest total length at 6.3 within CHR 22 for both profiles in GEDmatch with the MRCA at 7.6. When matching, the min threshold was set to 5. Ashley Johnson Sr. is the:
GEDmatch: A314784 matches to:
|T619839||16||5.4||7.2||also chr 18|
|*T619839||18||5.6||7.2||also chr 16|
GED Match Table Analysis
- Key note all participants within table except Ged ID: A058317 were selected from gedmatch.com based on having a gedcom uploaded with Thomas Gerard-13 as an ancestor.
- Confirmed shared Ancestor, similar MRCA's, overlapping DNA within CHR 1 and 18 are why the ancestry to Thomas Gerard-13 is with high confidence. *Thomas Gerard-13 is an ancestor of Elizabeth Elyson. A paternal relationship to Rowland Johnson is suggested as Unknown Johnson as father. The Unknown Johnson within tree is son of both Elizabeth Elyson and spouse of John Johnson-2064 .
- The "*"  in table is to indicate overlapping; Cm shared almost a triangulation.
- The relationship is to paternal MRCA (most-recent common ancestor) Thomas Gerard-13 and is confirmed by a near triangulated group on GEDmatch consisting of matches on :
- CHR 1 between A314784, A796702, A058317, A291004 sharing of 5.6 - 7.2 cms.
- CHR 18 between A314784, T438011, T619839 sharing of 5.3 -5.6 cms.
- CHR 18 between A314784, M327481 , A650366 sharing of 5.0 -5.5 cms.
- CHR 15 between A314784, A363758, A360751 sharing 5.1 is exact triangulation.
- GED ID: A058317 MRCA of CHR 1 and others in CHR1 are most likely DNA collapses;. Why? Wiki ID: Gooden Ged ID: A058317 matches at 6.9 cm with an MRCA at 7.5. As a result, most matches within Chr1 most likely have a DNA collapse and the Cm match is slightly higher.
- "**"A314784 matches GED ID: M446907 and T824570 at location CHR 18 with 5.5 Cms being shared out of 6.3 total Cms. The exact MRCA which is estimated at 7.6 to 7.7 ancestor is TBD.
- "***"A314784 matches A655790, A328604 , and A821842 within CHR 22. Both A655790, A328604 share Susannah Hancock b1770 as an ancestor and share 6.1 cms within CHR22. The Gerard line within A655790's tree merges into Susannah Hancock. Further analysis on match is needed.
- Assumption is that the correct ancestors are within each respective tree. However, this is vastly mitigated because the matches are from different groups within GEDMATCH that have different paths to targeted match.
Ancestry.com © matches
jfancestors matches to:
- zpuck member in ancestry.com© match at 18cm to Thomas Gerard-13 per DNA Painter 6c-8c ; Thomas Gerard-13 is 10GG to A314784 and 8GG to zpuck. DNA Compression via parents Richard Molyneux]] and wife Lady Francis Gerard are 5 generations descended from Richard Molyneux.
- KJohnson & sibling GJohnson both members in ancestry.com© at 33 cms for ancestor Rhoda (Hawkins) Johnson per DNA Painter 1/2 of 3c -6c ; Rhoda (Hawkins is 5GGM to A314784 and Siblings. The same path is also shared to Millie (Hawkins) Johnson and spouse Rowland (this profile).
- BManle member of ancestry.com© for ancestor John Hawkins at 19 cms 1 segment per DNA Painter 6c-8c ; John Hawkins is 6th GG to A314784
- PMosley member in ancestry.com© for ancestor Michael Hawkins at 15.7 cms 1 segment. per DNA Painter 6c-8c  Michael is 7GG to A314784 and PMosley.
Ancestry.com © match note(s):
- Ancestry.com© MRCA is based on matches to trees and is referred to as an "In Common With" or acronym ICW ancestor. It is unlike MRCA within gedmatch.com and DNA Painter. As a substitute DNA painter  are included where applicable.
- 'DNA painter assists in identifying the MRCA however the actual chr stop/start locations are not available.
- Assumption is that the correct ancestors are within each respective tree.
Full member Id's were abbreviated for privacy.
DNA matches to A314784 would be lower because only the transfer of X chromosomes. A male direct Johnson descendant from both Roland and Ashley with a proven tree would be optimal for matching.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 https://segmentology.org/2015/09/30/small-segments-and-triangulation/
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 https://originhunters.blogspot.com/2015/03/triangulated-small-segments-are.html
- ↑ Represents shared Cm in the same chromosome using tool gedmatch.com
- ↑ 4.0 4.1  Supplemental triangulation analogy
- ↑ https://dnapainter.com/tools/sharedcmv4/18
- ↑ https://dnapainter.com/tools/sharedcm/33
- ↑ https://dnapainter.com/tools/sharedcmv4/19
- ↑ https://dnapainter.com/tools/sharedcmv4/16
- ↑ https://dnapainter.com/tools/sharedcmv4estimates
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)